Lib tech for freeride? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2010, 01:28 AM   #1 (permalink)
weipim

Default Lib tech for freeride?

Hi all, looking for a freeride board to add on my quiver.

now i use a capita sierrascope 156 for like all mountain freestyle, but I think I would like to use another board for a powder day for bombing

what Ya think about a lib tech freeride board? any specific model?

thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-19-2010, 01:43 AM   #2 (permalink)

Looking exclusively at one particular brand is not the best way to go about it.

I'm not that farmiliar with Lib Tech's freeride range. And their web site sucks so you can go and have a read of it =)

My powder board is a 162 Malolo (See my Avatar) and on powder days it is simply the best thing ever. It rocks for high speed bombing as well and is surprisingly stable, it is not very agile on hardpack but as soon as the snow gets deep between the trees I can throw it around anywhere.

Last edited by Reede; 03-19-2010 at 01:53 AM.
Reede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 07:19 AM   #3 (permalink)

It will of course depend on your own personel preference but the 1986 Snow Mullet the Dark Series and the T.Rice C2BTX would be the boards I would be looking at.
Grasschopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 10:29 AM   #4 (permalink)
weipim

thanks guys

I know looking into just one brand is pretty narrow decision, however I am really amazed about the c2 and the magnetraction tech, that's why i would like to try them.

i will definetly look into t.rice c2btx
Old 03-19-2010, 11:34 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by weipim View Post
thanks guys

I know looking into just one brand is pretty narrow decision, however I am really amazed about the c2 and the magnetraction tech, that's why i would like to try them.

i will definetly look into t.rice c2btx
I have the 09/10 T.Rice C2BTX and it is an awesome board. I am actually looking at getting a longer one (I have the 157) and selling the one I have currently...I wish they had the same graphics as I like the graphics on the shorter ones better than the longer ones. I could wait for the 10/11 model as it looks cool but there are 09/10s on sale if you look hard enough.
Old 03-19-2010, 11:42 AM   #6 (permalink)
weipim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grasschopper View Post
I have the 09/10 T.Rice C2BTX and it is an awesome board. I am actually looking at getting a longer one (I have the 157) and selling the one I have currently...I wish they had the same graphics as I like the graphics on the shorter ones better than the longer ones. I could wait for the 10/11 model as it looks cool but there are 09/10s on sale if you look hard enough.
ha, how much u selling them for? and do you have a pic?
Old 03-19-2010, 05:40 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by weipim View Post
ha, how much u selling them for? and do you have a pic?
Well I would sell it for $330 plus shipping. I can take some pics in a bit.
Old 03-19-2010, 06:42 PM   #8 (permalink)
canuck_boarder

If you want a great freeride board- look at the Dark Series C2 BTX...If you are serious you will not regret your decision
Old 03-19-2010, 09:27 PM   #9 (permalink)
Biesty

The Dark Series is a great board. I love it, like C2 BTX and rode it for many many days. Howeer I feel its more for aggressive park riding than freeride/pow. I agree with the take on the Malolo. That is a great board and this years model has S-Rocker which is a great tech. It still has a little camber for stability and a ton of rocker at the nose for float. At higher speeds on groomers the nose feels like you have a clown shoe on your foot or a sock half way off. It bounces around because it has no contact with the snow but after a while you get use to it. As far as mervin boards (lib & gnu) go I would look at these boards.

Gnu Temple Cummins- a great power/big mountain board but not great for flat basing or bombing on groomers

Gnu Temple Cummins C2 BTX Billy Goat Snowboard review

Lib Tech Jamie Lynn- A straight banana board with very little banana that is not that fun to carve but pretty stable at higher speeds and really fun in pow

Lib Tech Jamie Lynn Phoenix BTX Snowboard Review

The Snow Mullet is great but not fun to carve or bomb hills unless there is deep pow. I'd check these boards from other companies that might suit both needs.

Nidecker Megalight- This board rocks and comes in CamRock and Camber. Both are great and perform exceptionally well in any powder or groomer freeride situation.

Nidecker Megalight Snowboard Review

The Rome Anthem SS is a great Freeride/Pow board that is a camber/rocker version of the custom X. The guy who designed the custom X is one of the big guys at Rome and designed the burton custom. This has stability at high speed due to the camber and has a similar camber/rocker design to the nidecker cam/rock. It's much more stable than the lib and gnu's C2 BTX.

Rome Anthem SS Snowboard Review

I'd also check out the Salomon Burner. The thing is just a beast. It's one of the fastest boards out there and everything about it is speed an pow.

Salomon Burner Freeride Snowboard Review

The Burton Super Model and Super Model X are great too but I just hate that they don't allow you to ride other bindings because there are many good bindings out there that I like to ride.

Hope this helps.
Old 03-19-2010, 10:12 PM   #10 (permalink)
canuck_boarder

OH, i didn't really read your full message there. I'd go with the Burton SupermodelX, its a stiff powder board.