Used gear & general snowboard choosing tips - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-26-2007, 09:53 PM   #1 (permalink)
snowbunny

Wink Used gear & general snowboard choosing tips

Hi all,

I just went snowboarding for the first time last weekend and fell in love with it! (that, and fell on my ass numerous times too. haha still sore!) I'm looking to buy a board so I don't have to rent all the time. Right now, it's kind of hard to drop 400-500$ for new gear that I'm thinking of buying used. What should I look for in a used board? Will the fact its used make it considerably worse than new gear? I thought that maybe I could use used gear for about 2 years until I got a little better before upgrading.

Also, generally, what size/kind of board should I look for? I'm a 19 year old female standing at 5'5 (165cm) and 135lbs (62kg). I wear 7-8 in shoes. I'll be boarding on the bunny hills for awhile. Should I be looking for something around 145-150cm in length? I also read I should be looking for something less stiff than stiff. How about the sidecut? Should I look for something that's more curved in the middle or not? And as for the width, should there be overhang? If so, how much and the toes or the heel?

Thanks for the help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-27-2007, 09:49 AM   #2 (permalink)
aaabbb

make sure it good.. lol my dad with no knowlegde of snowboards at all just bought me a random used 1 for xmas gift and it's to small