New Burton EST 2011 compatible with 'old' one ? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2010, 07:13 AM   #1 (permalink)
Athyla

Default New Burton EST 2011 compatible with 'old' one ?

Hi!

I'm thinking on buying the Burton Hero EST snowboard and as I was searching for bindings I saw a news over a blog. It says:

Quote:
BURTON 2011

The EST system has been improved and will be compatible with bindings from other brands. Talking about bindings, they almost all have nice big straighter asym spoilers and the very smart strap design.
In addition to that news I founded this over another forum:

Quote:
Also in 2011 Burton Channel boards are using M6 hardware (screw mounting into the board that is universaly used in the industry) with a shorter screw instead of that janky inverted crap. it's stronger, lees likely to slip, and this means other companies bindings will fit on them, Union is making a disc, and K2, Flux and Rome bindings should have little problems mounting to them.
Since I'm thinking on buying the 2010 Hero snowboard, will this be a 'stupid' buy since it will arrive a new EST system in 2011 or is it possible that the EST 2010 system will be compatible to the new one, giving me a lot more options regarding bindings buying ?

Cheers!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-04-2010, 08:52 PM   #2 (permalink)
NatasKaput

all that is, is different hardware inserted into the channel, see as there is a plug to remove said hardware there will not be much problem with this, a through bolt instead of the t-bolt design