Never Summer 2011 Heritage and SL-R mini reviews - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2010, 06:32 PM   #1 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Default Never Summer 2011 Heritage and SL-R mini reviews

Went up to Hunter today to demo the 2011 Never Summer boards. Started out the day with a few runs on my 2009 Evo-R 158. For reference I have also ridden a Premier F-1R in 163 and an SL-R in a 164 (both this years). I am 6'2" apx. 185 lbs, mostly freeride, like to hit the park for jumps, don't do much on the rails.

2011 SL-R 158: I find this deck to be fairly stiffer than my Evo. I can practically bend my Evo in half on tail presses and it butters with barely any effort. That being said, where the Evo lacks is in the chop at high speeds. Spring conditions mean a bunch of clumped up but soft snow. The SL definitely powers through the chop much better than the Evo and holds an edge like a champ. Like I said, stiffer torsionally and from tip to tail but still able to press with some effort. Like others have said, this board has tons of pop. Took it to the park and hit some kickers. I found the extra stiffness saved my ass when I landed in the backseat. I was able to just power right through it and get to flat base. Definitely loved this board and I am considering selling the Evo to get it.

2011 Heritage: First impression was I could not believe how light the board is. Significantly lighter than an SL or Evo of the same size. Found the stiffness to be very similar to the SL but with much more dampening. Blasted through the crud with power and confidence. Very quick edge to edge and lays down a carve and holds it. I probably preferred this to the SL due to the extra dampening and the reduced weight. Again, it seemed to transition from turn to turn a lot quicker. This board also hauls ass. I felt like my Evo was running pretty well considering the conditions but the SL, and even more so the Heritage were absolutely flying down the hill. Again, this is in the running to replace my Evo if I decide to go in that direction.

My Never Summer Summary:
- Evo: Park board that can handle the whole mountain but still best for someone spending most of their time in the park hitting jumps and rails.
- SL: Perfect all mountain board. I really feel like this can do it all. You might not want to get crazy with it on rails but other than that it can handle anything you throw at it.
- Heritage: This could be the ultimate quiver killer. If you get this in the right size for you it could go from park to the backcountry. Just enough stiffness to be playful when you want but with the edge hold and dampening to get through anything.
- Premier: Freeride beast. Damp and fast as hell. Can charge through anything. Floats well in powder due to the slight pin tail and R.C. Definitely not meant for the park or even riding switch really.

Last edited by tekniq33; 03-22-2010 at 05:04 PM.
tekniq33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-20-2010, 07:41 PM   #2 (permalink)

the heritage is sweet eh? i've been on it for about a month now... definitely an all mountain killer!

11 Never Summer Heritage 158, 08 Rome Targa
10 Never Summer Premier F1-R 159
08 Nitro Eero Ettala 155, 07 Rome 390
07 Capita Outdoor Living 154
Cervelo Soloist Carbon Ultegra
bluetroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 08:23 PM   #3 (permalink)

Thanks for that review...i have an evo in a 155 so im going to go to a 158 heritage for my all mountain needs!
pmoa is offline   Reply With Quote