User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 12-27-2007, 12:28 PM
Neusch11

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Traveling With a Snowboard

Ok I am calling on anyone that has flown with a snowboard. I am going to Utah and we are flying so i am trying to figure out the best way to get my board there. I have a backpack style board bag but it is flimsy and has no support...basically a cover.

Any one have any idea what the best way to take a board on a plane is? Are there better bags or hard cases that I should look into? AND should i break my board down...take off the bindings... before i put it on the plane?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 12-27-2007, 02:24 PM
N~R~G

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
you need a snowboard bag...

pack clothes or towels around it to protect the edges. you can keep your bindings on, but it's better to take them off & pack them separately...but many people don't have that much space/options.

many people have had their bag lost or not arrive on time, so it's also advised to pack your boots & other gear separate, just in case...so you're not out everything if the worst does happen, but again...do what you have space to do.

also, you can pack two boards in one bag usually, by having one board be face up & the other face down on top.

at the airport you will need to look for their oversize baggage claim...sometimes it's on a separate conveyor, sometimes it's at a kiosk type desk.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode