Summer Snowboarding? - Page 3 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2010, 04:17 AM   #21 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundays View Post
ARE YOU SERIOUS? NJ? I CAN DEAL WITH JERSEY! This is the best news I've heard today! I was actually planning to goto some camp thing in Oregon or BC but I really don't want to spend thousands of dollars (not including plane ticket) on 4-5 days of riding. :\
BEST NEWS EVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR I hope you're right and that it's done before summer starts cause I'm already itching to ride again and the season hasn't ended.
Why not just come out to Timberline and snowboard and not goto a camp?

The camps are only so expensive because you have a professional trainer. Just get a regular old lift ticket!
arsenic0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-24-2010, 08:19 AM   #22 (permalink)
BTH

or just buy a real skateboard, that freeboard looks ridiculous. I'd recommend loaded vanguard or a flexy bamboo longboard for snowboarding cross-trainer. Skating is fun as hell but you dont get to go babk up the lift and the falls aren't dampened by the sweet sweet snow. Anyway i love skating and i just go at lower speeds than on snow and i wear safety gear. great way to keep your body balance and control for snow season and a damn good cross trainer when your doing standup 180's and checks
BTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 09:05 AM   #23 (permalink)
Sundays

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsenic0 View Post
Why not just come out to Timberline and snowboard and not goto a camp?

The camps are only so expensive because you have a professional trainer. Just get a regular old lift ticket!
Oops didn't know I could I thought the whole resort was strictly for camp members xD this is really awesome newssss except :/ I wonder how much lodging is over there I bet it's expensive since it's only one of the few myna open in summer and they play off that facts :/ I REALLY WANT TO GOOOOOO I heard it's way sick there
Old 03-24-2010, 09:07 AM   #24 (permalink)
Sundays

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTH View Post
or just buy a real skateboard, that freeboard looks ridiculous. I'd recommend loaded vanguard or a flexy bamboo longboard for snowboarding cross-trainer. Skating is fun as hell but you dont get to go babk up the lift and the falls aren't dampened by the sweet sweet snow. Anyway i love skating and i just go at lower speeds than on snow and i wear safety gear. great way to keep your body balance and control for snow season and a damn good cross trainer when your doing standup 180's and checks
Ah I was talking to my friend about that he's willing to help me with choosing a board and stuff
Old 03-24-2010, 01:12 PM   #25 (permalink)

I don't see why you guys think the freebord is any worse than a skateboard. It's not like a snowboard where you can catch an edge and fall. The stopping seems comparable to a regular skateboard and a snowboard. Obviously doing it on a crowded street is a dumb idea but other than that it doesn't seem like a bad idea. It looks fun as hell!
PBRrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 04:12 PM   #26 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I would think the most expensive part of skiing at Timberline would be the passes...
There is quite a few options for lodging at Mt Hood...it looks like your basic room is around 100 bucks a night..which isnt really that bad. Especially if you split it with another person or two and have a few crash on the couch/floor...

That said i do know that they have these camps and that certain parts of the mountain are blocked off on certain days(probably during those 5 day ski school classes)...so you'd have to call up Timberline and ask them directly...
arsenic0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 04:25 PM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundays View Post
Since you're close to an indoor snow park I'm assuming you don't live in the states.
We don't have the luxury of an indoor snow park. Apparently two are going to come out one in LA and the other I don't know but it's not going to be open this year..
are they actually building an indoor park in LA? do you have any other info on this?
mrpez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 05:31 PM   #28 (permalink)
Sundays

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBRrider View Post
I don't see why you guys think the freebord is any worse than a skateboard. It's not like a snowboard where you can catch an edge and fall. The stopping seems comparable to a regular skateboard and a snowboard. Obviously doing it on a crowded street is a dumb idea but other than that it doesn't seem like a bad idea. It looks fun as hell!
I think it really does look fun but my issue with it is that I'd be binded to the freeboard.. If I fell I wouldn't be falling on soft snow but rather on hard pavement and that's no fun. ): I'd have to ride down somewhere with at least a slight hill... this is a scary thought being strapped and without snow to fall on... ):
Old 03-24-2010, 05:33 PM   #29 (permalink)
Sundays

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsenic0 View Post
I would think the most expensive part of skiing at Timberline would be the passes...
There is quite a few options for lodging at Mt Hood...it looks like your basic room is around 100 bucks a night..which isnt really that bad. Especially if you split it with another person or two and have a few crash on the couch/floor...

That said i do know that they have these camps and that certain parts of the mountain are blocked off on certain days(probably during those 5 day ski school classes)...so you'd have to call up Timberline and ask them directly...
That is most definitely true but the issue is a lot of my friends don't ride. If they do they aren't a junkie like me so this trip would be out of the option for them :\ BUT yeah 100 a night isn't really all that bad I could probably make do (Hopefully)
Old 03-24-2010, 05:35 PM   #30 (permalink)
Sundays

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpez View Post
are they actually building an indoor park in LA? do you have any other info on this?
It is indoor but I don't have any other information on this.. I was looking this up last year during the spring-summer season. I found it via google when I was looking up something along the lines of indoor snowboarding in the US/ Summer snowboarding in the US, etc. :\

From what I remember it is in LA but don't completely take my word on it ( I don't even know if the source was reliable)