what do you think? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2010, 07:03 PM   #1 (permalink)
GetJiggywidit

Default what do you think?

So I went boarding for the first time last week in CO (Copper Mt, Beaver Creek) and had a blast. I boarded for 4 days and on the 4th tried a BS 360 off a box rail, ate it hard and broke my wrist. Thats beside the point, because I picked it up pretty quickly and was boardin the freestyle terrain pretty well IMO. My dads friend let me borrow his Burton A55 with custon bindings (forgot the brand but their very sick looking and hella expensive). He said he'd sell me the board for $175 with the bindings. I want to take boarding seriously next season and really start workin on becoming pretty dam good. I guess wat im tryin to ask is if any of you have ever spent any time riding 1 of these boards and if you think i should purchase it or no? Thanks for your help and time..

Last edited by GetJiggywidit; 03-23-2010 at 07:05 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-23-2010, 08:00 PM   #2 (permalink)
GetJiggywidit

The Bindings are Custom Burton Cartel's 09
Old 03-23-2010, 08:14 PM   #3 (permalink)
GetJiggywidit

keep in mind that Im 6"0 and weigh about 155 and the board is 153 cm.
Old 03-23-2010, 10:48 PM   #4 (permalink)
Sundays

Look at it this way; sooner or later you're definitely going to want a new board but considering the fact that you're just starting to park your board is going to get a good slapping.

It's either you spend money on an old board for you to scratch/rape/ burn/ probably break if you go hard/or if it's in bad condition.
or
You can get a new board, might end up lasting you longer than the board that you're about to buy, feel the chills of having a new board & set up.

It's near the end of the riding season so everything will be on sale so it's the perfect time to buy if you decide to.

Question is are you willing to spend the money?
If you'd like to spend minimally I suggest just buy your own set up that way you don't have to buy a used board and later buy a new board. But if you're financially capable go for it.