Need some help for first setup - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2007, 07:00 PM   #1 (permalink)
chuckwo0d

Default Need some help for first setup

whats up guys, ive gone boarding about 8 times or so and ive decided i want to pick up a nice setup. First off, im 130 lb, 5 "7", and size 9 shoe. Im only 15 so i think i mite hit up to 5 9 and 150 lb in the next year or two so it would be nice if the setup could still be used after that. Im looking for a decent setup which will last me for a good while until im an advanced rider. Im looking for something which allow me to carve nice, do some jumps, a little rails, and be able to fly down the mountain and over ice etc without hitting a little something causing me to flip over alot..lol My budget is 400. I was looking at the Atomic vantage board (153cm) or an 04 Forum Destroyer (152 cm) both for 180 brand new.. I was looking at Arsenal bindings.. What do you guys think, about board + binding reccomendations and what my board length should be?? thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-27-2007, 07:53 PM   #2 (permalink)
Iguana8334

hey dude, im 5'9" 150lbs and ride a 156 forum. for my size and ur future size, i would prefer 154 + or - 2 cms. dont go much bugger or smaller than that cause the 154 range is the best all around board u can buy. easy for me to control, hit jumps off of and carve the occasional double black diamond with. if u want a strict park board go a bit smaller like 153 and lower or if u want a strcit free ride board, get 155+. but out size is perfect at 153-156 in my opinion