Best Intermediate Park Board? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2010, 07:17 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Best Intermediate Park Board?

I just finished my first season of park with an '08 Solomon pulse 152 and was wondering if i should continue with that or move onto to something new? I'm 150lbs, 5'7" with a size 10 1/2 boot and i can BS boardslide, 50-50, several grabs, and BS 1's. I normally hit a 20' jump with about a 7 foot gap, as well as the boxes and rails we have here. I was looking for a more flexible board because i like to do ground tricks on the flats here at my local mountain. (Labrador in Truxton NY) I do not feel i will be putting on weight (maybe a couple pounds) or growing at all. I have had his board for 3 yeas now, and my stance is 12 / -9. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

P.S. I ride park 90% of the time, since our park only goes halfway down the mountain, so i want something that can still ride fine.

Last edited by Nomar B R S; 03-26-2010 at 07:20 PM.
Nomar B R S is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-26-2010, 07:46 PM   #2 (permalink)

If I was in your shoes, I would try the Sierra Stunt for the price:
Sierra Stunt Snowboard Reviews & Sale | SierraSnowboard.com

Read the reviews. For $200, it's a great park board.
PaulH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 08:20 PM   #3 (permalink)

You sound like a good canidate for reverse camber. Unless your planning on hitting huge jumps soon, in that case R.C. isnt so great. But id reccomend a gnu park pickle. Stepchild has alot of good park boards. I have a jibstick, but i just got it and only rode it once. But it is awesome. Its a R.C. board and alot of fun. It wraps around rails really well and butters really good. It pretty much does it all haha. Bataleons are pretty cool too. I rode an evil twin and thought it was nice. TBT is pretty cool. I think because bataleons arent R.C. they would hit big jumps way better than a jibstick or park pickle. I dont hit anything more than 30ft so I cant give you tons of advice on that. I spend alot of time outside the park but when im in the park I like to jib though and I can say that the park picke and jibstick do that really well. Oh and the Latchkey Ive heard is good and well priced. I have no personal experience with that one though.
luke89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 02:18 AM   #4 (permalink)

i have a park pickle. great board. it is kinda soft though and does get dinged up easy...so be careful on it
mrpez is offline   Reply With Quote