2011 Never Summer Heritage or Premier F1-R or Smokin KT-22 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2010, 01:24 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default 2011 Never Summer Heritage or Premier F1-R or Smokin KT-22

Getting close help a brother out if ya can.

My Rider Profile;
Height 6, 3í
Weight 210
Boot size 12
22 years riding.
Riding spots in order;
Mammoth, Mt.Baldy, Bear Mountain, North Lake Tahoe and Park City.
Favorite riding day would be: First tracks in 2-3 feet of powder on some steeps in the trees!
Reality is: 80% resort riding. Good resorts though!
Hitting the Park is not my thing but I do like to boost natural hits every chance I get and more than not I ride with skiers that like to bomb and mogul ride....for good or bad they are my boys and keeping up with them is my gig!
Average riding days per season: 35+

This season Iíve been the demo man for my Ride Timeless 161 finally couldít be repaired again. So I dove back into equipment/companies/technologies and have been evaluating since November 09. Yesterday, at The Canyons, Utah I made last run of the year.

The board that was my favorite hands down is the Never Summer Premier F1-R. However, Iím contemplating the 2011 Heritage for I heard it floats better in powder because itís a mid-wide, also it is lighter, and a little softer when you need that playfulness. That said I didnít ride a Heritage nor do I think I'll get the chance to demo it for Never Summer hasn't done many demos in California and it is a limited production board.

The reason the 2010 NS F1-R was my top pick out of 12 different demo boards;

As goofy as it sounds skating on this board is actually fun and distinctly easier than any other board, If the Heritage is quicker edge to edge I would be shocked, stability at high speeds was AMAZING!!!, rode through icy, hard cruddy, crusty, slushy, groomers, and a little powder(One run 9900 left) and it held an edge better than Magne-traction on the hard stuff, didnít overly dig in like the Magne-traction on the softer stuff, completely predictable in all turning situations coupled with an old Cadillac-like suspension feel, flat-footing it for speed the board never felt like it would catch an edge or for that matter it never caught an edge all day and lastly It gave me so much confidence it pushed my riding level up a notch or two.

I know I should probably just get the F1-R and have ZERO ISSUE doing so but since I have till December to make the final pick and I was hoping to get some opinions thoughts on these boards. A comparison...the differences and similarities! The only thing that I didn't get a chance to try was riding the F1-R through the soft cruddy bumped up snow and soft moguls.....These two situations are VERY common at the places I ride. The board that I demoed that best handled was the Burton Joystick...However the Joystick is just too soft for the other conditions that I will encounter. So if the Heritage can deliver the damping ride, stability at break-neck speeds, insane edge control as well as the F1-R but handle the soft moguls and cruddy bumps I will have found Nirvana....Or if the F1-R can kill it through the bumps Ch-Ching! To throw a little Twist in here the 2011 Smokin KT-22 is allegedly the bomb. Very reliable source demoed the 2011 KT-22 with clash rocker and was his favorite out of a ton of quality boards he demoed. Hmmmmm! I will demo the Smokin before the final call is made but that's not going to happen till Nov/Dec.

Does anyone know if the 2010 NS F1-R and the 2011 NS F1-R are the same or if they changed it?

Sorry for long post but for the record if any one has questions about the following boards here is my 09′/10 demo list. Burton Custom, Supermodel, Custom V-Rocker, Joystick. Arbor Roundhouse & Abacus. Lib-Tech Travis Rice BTX, TRS, Travis Rice CTX and Skate Banana. Never Summer Premier F1.

Peace,

Ca-Pow
Ca-Pow is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-27-2010, 02:01 PM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ca-Pow View Post
To throw a little Twist in here the 2011 Smokin KT-22 is allegedly the bomb. Very reliable source demoed the 2011 KT-22 with clash rocker and was his favorite out of a ton of quality boards he demoed. Hmmmmm! I will demo the Smokin before the final call is made but that's not going to happen till Nov/Dec.
What exactly is Smokin's Clash Rocker? Is it regular camber with reverse at tip and tail like Nidecker's Camrock, Signal's Wavelength etc.?
eelpout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 02:05 PM   #3 (permalink)

between heritage and premier... i choose the 2011 heritage... it's DOPE. Carbonium Series is amazing!

11 Never Summer Heritage 158, 08 Rome Targa
10 Never Summer Premier F1-R 159
08 Nitro Eero Ettala 155, 07 Rome 390
07 Capita Outdoor Living 154
Cervelo Soloist Carbon Ultegra
bluetroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 02:26 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eelpout View Post
What exactly is Smokin's Clash Rocker? Is it regular camber with reverse at tip and tail like Nidecker's Camrock, Signal's Wavelength etc.?
Smokin Snowboards 2010-2011 Ė Shayboarder.com

There is a good explaination from Shayboarder.

To me it seems very similar to NS RC tech with has been my fav. Tech to date!

Ca-Pow
Old 03-27-2010, 02:37 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ca-Pow View Post
Smokin Snowboards 2010-2011 Ė Shayboarder.com

There is a good explaination from Shayboarder.

To me it seems very similar to NS RC tech with has been my fav. Tech to date!

Ca-Pow
Ah, not sure how I missed Shay's update. Yep, it sounds like Lib's C2. I'll have to keep my eye on the 2011 KT-22 w/Clash Rocker, it could be the big footed version of the Gnu Billy Goat that I've been wanting.
eelpout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 02:38 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluetroll View Post
between heritage and premier... i choose the 2011 heritage... it's DOPE. Carbonium Series is amazing!
Please sir elaborate!

Ca-Pow
Old 03-27-2010, 05:48 PM   #7 (permalink)

read my review of the 2011 heritage...

http://www.snowboardingforum.com/equ...ge-review.html

i've been on this board for over a month now... it's my 'GO-TO' board. it's great to shred the grooms, wicked in pow and decent in the park. it's got great pop too.

if it makes a difference, i also own a 2010 premier f1-r... i don't even ride it anymore.

Old 03-27-2010, 11:15 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluetroll View Post
read my review of the 2011 heritage...

http://www.snowboardingforum.com/equ...ge-review.html

i've been on this board for over a month now... it's my 'GO-TO' board. it's great to shred the grooms, wicked in pow and decent in the park. it's got great pop too.

if it makes a difference, i also own a 2010 premier f1-r... i don't even ride it anymore.
Great review and I'm very intrigued by your experiences and thoughts. Obviously we both hold Never Summer in high regards. Take a read at this write up of 2011.

2011 Boards.... A review of some of next years toys! | GONEboarding

They seemed to really like the Raptor and Heritage but truly loved the F1-R. Looks like these highly qualified riders REALLY preferred the F1-R over the Heritage.

Anyway they rode for a day or two on them and you have had them both for a good while so really wanted to hear what IYHO makes the Heritage so compellingly superior over the F1-R. You mentioned it's lighter but not as dampening as the Raptor. Does it dampen as much as your F1-R. How does it handle soft bumps and moguls. Is it better than the F1-R? Is it as stable at Neck Breaking Speeds like the F1-R. I think both have sweet graphics but I prefer the Heritage and like the indestructible top sheet.

You're input is truly appreciated!

Thxs,

Ca-Pow
Old 03-28-2010, 12:52 AM   #9 (permalink)

The main reason why I like the Raptor over the F1 is because it's way quicker edge to edge. It's also a lot lighter than the F1. It's just easier to handle. However, the extra weight provides more dampening in the F1. The F1 just feels like you are riding a Cadillac, the ride is THAT plush. They can both handle insane speeds if you got the balls.

I prefer the Heritage over the Raptor and F1, because it's just more versatile. We just got dumped 30+cm and I took out the Heritage. It handled everything I threw at it. It's obviously not going to be as good as the Raptor or F1 at balls out ripping and turn on a dime repsonse, but it has things that the previous 2 don't have. The Heritage has a softer flex between the feet, so it makes it easier to load up the ollies. It's just more fun.

To tell you the truth, I don't even ride the F1 anymore. I'm considering selling it at the end of the season. The Heritage does what it can do and can make it more fun. Sure, I'm giving up a bit of reponse and dampening but I'll take it for the versatility. I'm not taking anything away from the F1, because it's a VERY good freeride ripper but for my riding style, I prefer the Heritage.

Old 03-28-2010, 12:57 AM   #10 (permalink)
Veteran Member

How did you didn't get on one of those Libs with Magna and not want one?
Lstarrasl is offline   Reply With Quote