Need help installing bindings for first time. - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2007, 02:02 PM   #1 (permalink)
rlee

Default Need help installing bindings for first time.

I got all my gear and I need some help installing my bindings. I'm a beginner snowboarder, height 5'7-5'8, 155 lb. board is 153 cm and im regular. not sure how i should configure it (angles and stance width), im guessing there is a generic beginner configuration that i can go with, but i don't know the numbers. thx!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-28-2007, 11:34 PM   #2 (permalink)

Stance width is based on shoulder width. You want to start shoulder width apart, and adjust from there. Angles are personal preference as well. Start at 12/-3-ish, ride around and figure out what you want from there.
boarderaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 08:01 PM   #3 (permalink)

I recommend placing the board in front on of you the floor. Now stand next to the board simulating as if you're going to ride it. Stand in your most comfortable stance and take note how far apart your legs are and what angles your feet are. That is where I would start placing your bindings. From there its just a matter of personal preference on what feels good to you. Good luck. As with most everything...it's trial and error.
EC99SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 08:11 PM   #4 (permalink)
MarkH

Yea like said start around 12 on the leading foot and zero in the rear. Play around with it as you get more comfortable with the stance
Old 01-03-2008, 11:06 AM   #5 (permalink)

Not to disrespect the more experienced borders, but I really don't think 'generic' angles work. I personally HATED the angles on a rented board.
When I got my setup this year, I strapped into the boots and stood on the board in a stance that was comfortable (the boots are a bit uncomfortable to have at shallow angles IMHO).
I found it very comfortable at +25/-15. I'm planning on maybe playing around with these a bit, but think that I'll stay near those angles.

just my 2 cents.
romesaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 11:11 AM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member

The "default" angles and what not are only as a guide to help you find what is comfortable for the person to ride with. Start somewhere around what was suggested and work from there. Every person rides a different set up so there is no "perfect" setup... I ride 18,-9
lisevolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 06:08 PM   #7 (permalink)
tatortot02

i rode about an 18/-18 for about 3 years but this last year switched to about a 23/5. i like the forward stance alot better but thats just me dont think you only have to go duck stance, mess around with things and go ride a couple different ways to help you decide