Ride Kink or Burton Blunt??? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2007, 05:33 PM   #1 (permalink)
handlez

Smile Ride Kink or Burton Blunt???

Ride Kink or Burton Blunt

my girl got me a snowboard for christmas so i need you guys help and input.

theyre the same price so im wondering which is better board and better fit for me. im not a beginner but im not that advanced either. just small- mid kickers and boxes but nothing fancy.

thanks!

by the way, i just got Ride SPIs.

Last edited by handlez; 12-28-2007 at 06:19 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-28-2007, 06:57 PM   #2 (permalink)
Dubels

I rode my friends 07' Burton Blunt last time and it seemed like a solid board. It was not as stable through powder but it seemed at home in the park. Have you looked into Rome boards? My friend does not take care of his edges and base so maybe that is a problem with control through the thicker stuff. Never had experience with the Kink.
Old 12-29-2007, 01:59 AM   #3 (permalink)
stunterguy

Atomic Alibi

/thread
Old 12-29-2007, 12:31 PM   #4 (permalink)
handlez

Thanks Dubels! i only ride locally in SOcal. bear mtn and snow summit so i dont really have to worry about powder. and with the loooooong lift lines, i dont bomb down the hills coz more waiting for me. i guess i need to know which is more flexible or has more pop.
Old 12-29-2007, 07:57 PM   #5 (permalink)
Dubels

I ride SoCal too. I hit up Mt. High during the weekdays and big bear during the weekends.
Old 01-29-2008, 01:57 AM   #6 (permalink)

Cool Hey ...!!! ride kink ! or BLUNT ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by handlez View Post
Ride Kink or Burton Blunt

my girl got me a snowboard for christmas so i need you guys help and input.

theyre the same price so im wondering which is better board and better fit for me. im not a beginner but im not that advanced either. just small- mid kickers and boxes but nothing fancy.

thanks!

by the way, i just got Ride SPIs.
WELL ! IM a rider 15 yrs experience snowboarding and 30 yrs on surfing ...so you decide !

Kink im buying now today one kink 152 2008 becouse has the right dimentions for park .. rails boxes and butter, so no powder dud in this board think like a skater.

Blunt ?? well i benn riding burton unincs 156 ,158 and i think is the best board all around for jumps but you need experience, best burtons board.

5,8 long and 165 lbs.

so i need edges from 118 to 120 ...jibbing short edges ...but you sacriface control in ice conditions .

all matters is what do you want to do this winter !! other wise i can snack all day long on shapes or names ..

good luck body.. remember is you who are number one and you have to be conected to your board so you can make what you want ..like riding a horse.''
olas38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 07:14 PM   #7 (permalink)
zumiezrep24

go with the ride kink. its got a little more flex than the blunt and ive said it alot i saw a kid come in with the topsheet cracked on the first day of riding, too hard or not idk what happend but he went with the ride kink. also rides customer service is really good with all their products becaues k2 runs em. ride = great quailty in the park. you will advance your park riding with it.
Old 02-04-2008, 07:32 PM   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Member

well the three softest boards that i know of are the rome artifact, ride kink, and the k2 www. i've personally ridden the www (world wide weapon) and fell in love. the board literally made me better in one day, i was landing tricks i'd never even tried before. i highly recommend the santa cruz fusion or jon kooley. the kooley is kinda a suped up version of the fusion. they're both twin tip and they have a deeper sidecut on the heelside to help with heelside turns (everyone knows you don't turn as well on your heelside). I don't know anything specific about the blunt, but i've heard of people snapping tails on dom's and even last years unincs. the weapon is about the same price as the kink or blunt too. i love the longer effective edge, i could rock the 148, but i like the 151 cause it gives me the control of a 156, it actually made a noticable difference.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 08:37 PM   #9 (permalink)
PapaWood

Quote:
Originally Posted by zumiezrep24 View Post
go with the ride kink. its got a little more flex than the blunt and ive said it alot i saw a kid come in with the topsheet cracked on the first day of riding, too hard or not idk what happend but he went with the ride kink. also rides customer service is really good with all their products becaues k2 runs em. ride = great quailty in the park. you will advance your park riding with it.
You having a made up story about a burton product breaking? NEVER!
Old 02-04-2008, 08:39 PM   #10 (permalink)
PapaWood

I like the Kink a lot myself. I have also never seen/had any problems riding a blunt. Both are great jib specific boards. The Kink is actually a good bit stiffer than the Blunt though, not the opposite as was said above.