Anyone had tried both FK and RC tech? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2010, 10:43 AM   #1 (permalink)
weipim

Default Anyone had tried both FK and RC tech?

I tried them both, more precise, I own a sierrascope FK and a Heritage-R 10'. While being amazed about the FK tech like a month and a half ago, I really thought this is "das shizzle" for me and I could not be more happy than this. anyway, I pulled a trigger on this years' heritage like 2 weeks ago, couldnt resist to this awesome deal anyway. I brought it to loveland,co a few times, this thing really rocks. the reason why i was impressed with fk is that it does not catch edge so easy compared to my camber board, but the ns RC does not catch an edge at all!
somebody else reviewed that the heritage can carve until your nose touch the ground, i think this is not any exaggeration. and comparing to the sierrascope, the heritage is way more stable at high speed in some choppy, granola snow.

bottom line: sieerascope with FK tech and MADE IN AUSTRIA for 250 is really an awesome deal and you won't be disapointed, however NS really knows their shit in snowboarding industry and the their advantage from their know-how over other rivals are obvious.

onlything I am worry about is I compared a more Freestyle oriented board to a more Freeride oriented board, maybe someone who has the EVO-R can tell me more.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-29-2010, 11:16 AM   #2 (permalink)

I have an Ultrafear FK and NS SL-R.

Different decks for different purposes but I agree on the edgehold of the RC tech. The FK washing out is more apparent but it's skatestyle fun but for bigger mountains, my SL-R is the deck of choice. Although I'm curious about next season's Black Snowboard of Death FK from Capita, I think I prefer the RC tech for all-mtn.
Old 03-29-2010, 12:03 PM   #3 (permalink)
weipim

Yeah true, I found out that even some decks try to do a lil bit of everything , however it is still best to have 2-3 decks in your quiver,
reason is not only the impossibility to feature every technology for different purposes, but also the length of the board u need for each use. instead of buying one board for from park to pow, it is just better to buy one for each world.

anyway, RC rules haha
Old 03-29-2010, 12:29 PM   #4 (permalink)

I have a Sierrascope FK I just bought during the Sierra sale and a 07 NS Heritage reg camber I have been using for the last 3 years riding all over Colorado and NM.

You said it pretty well weipim but here is my $0.02. I only rode the Sierrascope around where I live on the East Coast and b/c of my size would never consider packing it in my board bag when I travel out West. A 156 is such a tiny board to me(Heritage is a 165)so its really fun on the small runs and its so soft compared my reg cambered Heritage. Its a really fun board and I like the FK a lot but if its deep, long, fast or cruddy the Heritage is just in a different league than the Sierrascope. They are two completely different boards though so to compare them doesn't do ether justice. A good analogy would be like having a short board for the east coast shore pound and a big gun for the 10+ ft surf of the West and Hawaiian coasts.

I can however compare the quality of the Capita Vs. NeverSummer and the NS is by far a much better constructed board. I would have never paid full price for the Capita but for $250 it was worth the buy. The topsheet is so delicate on the Capita compared to the NS and even though both have sintered bases the NS isn't die cut AFAIK, at least I can't tell when I wax it compared to the Capita's which when scraping across the different colored sections feels like it has speed bumps on it. I have seriously abused my Heritage for three years, it has taken countless shots to the base and has survived some wicked tree collisions that would have broken lesser boards. It has been tossed around by baggage monkeys at least 20 times over the years as well and is still holding up. I just cannot see the Capita surviving like the Heritage has.

Again just a different league of board IMO. The Heritage costs twice as much, though it has been worth every penny. I am looking to add a NS RC tech board to the quiver this fall, most likely a Raptor but I am considering another Heritage as well.
jpb3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 12:42 PM   #5 (permalink)
weipim

hey man, thanks for speaking truly from ur heart.

I think this is also what i want to say, and again, the sierrascope fk for 250 is a nobrainer, however I got the heritage-r brand new for 100bucks more than the sierrascope, so i felt that i need to do something about, or else its just as bad as a half naked chix on your bed waiting for you to take the other half off and you just went outside rent a motel room and jerked off...

anyway, i didn't tried the raptor, but i guess it's an carbonium RC titan, correct me if i'm wrong, I think this would be a good idea if you only think abt bombing down the mountain.

I would never bring my heritage to the park, so basically i use it for free ride and would like to hit some pure pow next season.