Sierra Crew LTD board? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2010, 08:06 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Sierra Crew LTD board?

With all these awesome sales going on at the end of the season I can't help but want to get a board that I know all the specs on and everything.
I currently have a PBR snowboard but I can not get any information on it, not even a manufacture so I've been looking for something else on the cheep.
I just saw that sierra snowboard is having a big sale and have their Sierra Crew LTD Animal Hybrid Snowboard 2010 for $99.00. It looks like a good board and the reviews look good.

What do you guys think? Should I just keep the one I have and see how it performs next season or just sell it and get a board of known origin and specs?

Serra Crew LTD
Sierra Crew LTD Animal Hybrid Snowboard Reviews & Sale | SierraSnowboard.com

My PBR board

PBRrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-29-2010, 09:20 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Did you not read the description on Sierra's site? It says right there: "It was built in Burton's Austrian factory. it has a similar shape and flex to the Burton Custom." Basically it's the Crew, but with a different "limited edition" graphic I guess. For $99 I say you go for it.

Official Gear List: http://www.snowboardingforum.com/blo...gear-list.html
Triple8Sol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 09:27 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple8Sol View Post
Did you not read the description on Sierra's site? It says right there: "It was built in Burton's Austrian factory. it has a similar shape and flex to the Burton Custom." Basically it's the Crew, but with a different "limited edition" graphic I guess. For $99 I say you go for it.
I read that, I know what that board is all about which is why I am more inclined to just sell the other and get this one.
Old 03-30-2010, 01:40 PM   #4 (permalink)

$99 bucks.. hell of a deal, if it's exactly like the custom.
LTManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 01:52 PM   #5 (permalink)
hexon

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTManiac View Post
$99 bucks.. hell of a deal, if it's exactly like the custom.
from what i've read, the sierra boards are the same shape as burton boards, but they changed the topsheet and base. However, I can't find much info on the base of their boards, so I doubt it uses the sintered NO2 base that burton uses. The sierra boards won't have the channel either (not necessarily a bad thing).
Old 03-30-2010, 02:01 PM   #6 (permalink)

Sierra's snowboards are Burton snowboards just with some slight changes in the materials (softer core, lesser base, etc.)...this way it is not exactly a Custom for less money as that would take away from their Custom sales. But yes, built by Burton (not next year though).
jgsqueak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 02:15 PM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Yup great boards. My buddy got a regular crew..

At this stage though they only had the 156 LTD Crew left when i looked yesterday...so unless thats your size look at spending a few extra bucks and get the regular crew which has a ton of sizes left.
arsenic0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 02:21 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsenic0 View Post
Yup great boards. My buddy got a regular crew..

At this stage though they only had the 156 LTD Crew left when i looked yesterday...so unless thats your size look at spending a few extra bucks and get the regular crew which has a ton of sizes left.
Well I'm about 180 lbs and the high weight recommendation for the 156 cm is 175 lbs. I'm planning on getting in better shape before next season so I would hopefully be under 175. I plan on riding all mountain 90% of the time, so would it be a good length for me?

The PBR board I already have is 160 cm. I'm just worried about getting out on the mountain and have the board ride like shit. Then all the prices are closer to MSRP and I won't be able to afford a board till the end of the season.
Old 03-30-2010, 03:32 PM   #9 (permalink)

Im lost as to why anyone would wanna buy a sierra board. If your gonna spend the money might aswell get the actualy product there are based off of. If the sierrascope is a better build I could see that but I just dont see any appeal with the others. As mentioned in this thread for them to be cheaper but based of the sa,e board would leave me to believe they've had to cut costs somewhere. Unless its all the same materials and evrything and they just dont put burtons "luxury" tax on the shit. I could see buying one if that were the case. But I dont see burton doing that.

Any info appreciated, while not trying to totally derail the topic.
Old 03-30-2010, 04:08 PM   #10 (permalink)

I'm about 180 and I am riding a 156 2010 Sierra Crew.

I love the board. I have never ridden a Custom so I can't compare it but I was very happy with the board at $250 (with a free pair of goggles).

I don't park or pipe, just some flat land jumps now and again.

The top sheet is fragile. And slippery. Are you getting a five year board for $99? Probably not. Wear and tear has been worse in one season than I have seen on any board I have had previously. Base seems fast enough, fast enough for me at any rate and, as I said, I am very happy with it.

For $99 bucks, if the 156 fits you, and if you have been riding for at least a season (the board is a bit stiff at first, I think it might also be too fast for a true beginner) I would not hesitate.
sangsters is offline   Reply With Quote