rate my set up... and possible upgrades? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2007, 09:56 PM   #1 (permalink)
thegreatargos

Default rate my set up... and possible upgrades?

so heres my new set up... im 5'7" 175 lbs. 2007 Forum Grudge Special Edition 156 cm, Forum v1.5 Platform bindings, and 32 Prospect boots.

my biggest problem is that the toe straps ride up, are the boots the wrong fit? Im very solid at all the basics, working on my switch riding (im regular) and im just starting to hit kickers in the parks. working my way up, but im thinking of possibly upgrading bindings and boots later this year. I love this board.

any input on my equipment would help, ive been casually boarding for 6 years, but i just moved into a snowy climate and im gonna get more into it. thx in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-29-2007, 12:55 PM   #2 (permalink)
thegreatargos

nothing? bump?
Old 12-29-2007, 01:24 PM   #3 (permalink)
Iguana8334

well, your board is solid. I prefer true freestyle/true twin tip boards but forum knows how to make a board and ur board being an all around board will get the job done good

Bindings with toe straps suck. you have a solid binding but the toe cover strap kills it. honeslty i would just cut out the piece that cover the top of the boot on ur toe strap and use it as a regular strap. But thats just me. Those bastards love to ride up all day so just cut it and use it as regular.

Your boots just plain suck due to their lack of ramping on the to and heel. They are flat as a pancake on the bottom and i would upgrade ur boots first cause u will be cathching alot of snow with ur toe and heel if ur feet arnt size 7 or lower

just my 2 cents though
Old 12-29-2007, 08:58 PM   #4 (permalink)
thegreatargos

ill probably end up selling my bindings and my old burton clash board and upgrading my boots. what are good boots and binding to look at?