Let's be real here.. - Page 3 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2010, 10:23 PM   #21 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Usually the board will be wider too to accomodate bigger feet of the large person it's designed for. Also this will make it heavier from the added width too.
rasmasyean is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-05-2010, 01:13 AM   #22 (permalink)

i realize you already bought the board so this is sorta pointless. i rode a 152 for the past two years and im you're height but weigh less. i was having trouble jumping with the 52, i would always land in the back seat and loop out when trying spins. this year i bought a 155 and it made a world of difference. it is 100x more stable on landings and theres no difference in swing weight. if anything my 155 quantum is lighter than my old 152 burton Love. i went from sketchy 360s to floaty 720s after a few days with the 55. im sure you'll be fine but be careful on the park kickers
ready2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 10:56 AM   #23 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Wow really? that sucks.. haha hope that won't be that case with me.

I could always cancel the order considering it hasn't been shipped yet, but I'd have to act fast.

I don't get the chance to do demos around where I live so I went with what the majority had recommended me to get.

Could anyone second the previous statement?

Last edited by fredericp64; 04-05-2010 at 02:32 PM.
fredericp64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 03:50 PM   #24 (permalink)

yea dude it might just be me and my riding style. i like to shred rails and boxes but i like going big off jumps a lot more. i had a 158 and that was too big, then the 152 which i found was too small. the 155 is a happy medium and perfect for me.

i dont wanna sketch you out about your purchase. i think im the only one in three pages in favor of the 156 haha. just think about your riding style and what kind of features you want to progress on.
Old 04-05-2010, 03:54 PM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ready2shred View Post
yea dude it might just be me and my riding style. i like to shred rails and boxes but i like going big off jumps a lot more. i had a 158 and that was too big, then the 152 which i found was too small. the 155 is a happy medium and perfect for me.

i dont wanna sketch you out about your purchase. i think im the only one in three pages in favor of the 156 haha. just think about your riding style and what kind of features you want to progress on.
+1

fred, what did you end up buying anyway...
fatboyj711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 05:30 PM   #26 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I actually did get psyched out about my purchase.

Then I started analyzing.. figured out that I was asking around for a ''park'' board. Not really taking into account its various subcategories, rails, jibs, big air, etc.

In general ppl told me that if I wanted a board for ''park'', that I should go with a 152.

I realized that what was most important to me were the aerials- and that the 152 would be sketchy on the larger ones. Asked a few experts/staff @ Sierra Snowboard, told them I wanted a board for aerials. 154 came on top.

I guess I must have given off an impression of wanting a board explicitly for rails, boxes, and whatnot.

In the end I cancelled the order since it was still in processing. I emailed them explaining my retarded situation, with a bit of bullshit here and there.

They were pretty good to cancel it since items on sale have a no return policy

I switched the order for the same board in a 154.

Close call eh?? loll :P

Thanks guys.
fredericp64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 06:32 PM   #27 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ready2shred View Post
i realize you already bought the board so this is sorta pointless. i rode a 152 for the past two years and im you're height but weigh less. i was having trouble jumping with the 52, i would always land in the back seat and loop out when trying spins. this year i bought a 155 and it made a world of difference. it is 100x more stable on landings and theres no difference in swing weight. if anything my 155 quantum is lighter than my old 152 burton Love. i went from sketchy 360s to floaty 720s after a few days with the 55. im sure you'll be fine but be careful on the park kickers
There are so many variables between boards that you can't blame one spec for all improvement. You have to be really careful about what specs you are looking at when buying a board. Compair a 156 Skatebanana to a 155 Evo-R. The SB has a 117 cm edge and the Evo has a 121cm edge. Thats a pretty big difference for two boards that look nearly equal in length on the surface.
john doe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 07:06 PM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredericp64 View Post
I actually did get psyched out about my purchase.

Then I started analyzing.. figured out that I was asking around for a ''park'' board. Not really taking into account its various subcategories, rails, jibs, big air, etc.

In general ppl told me that if I wanted a board for ''park'', that I should go with a 152.

I realized that what was most important to me were the aerials- and that the 152 would be sketchy on the larger ones. Asked a few experts/staff @ Sierra Snowboard, told them I wanted a board for aerials. 154 came on top.

I guess I must have given off an impression of wanting a board explicitly for rails, boxes, and whatnot.

In the end I cancelled the order since it was still in processing. I emailed them explaining my retarded situation, with a bit of bullshit here and there.

They were pretty good to cancel it since items on sale have a no return policy

I switched the order for the same board in a 154.

Close call eh?? loll :P

Thanks guys.
honestly, you probably wouldn't notice any difference betwen a 152 and 154 in the same model deck, but peace of mind is king and it looks as though you're content with your purchase...
fatboyj711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 07:07 PM   #29 (permalink)

nice dude you'll be stoked on the 154! stable on jumps but still small enough to jib and play around with.

to john doe....not sure if you are speaking in general or to me specifically. my only problem was the tail slipping out when i landed off center. it hasnt happened since i got a longer board, so i would attribute that to the added tail length holding my weight better and was also told this by a few people when shopping for a new board. im not a physics major tho so i dont know.