Never Summer Size Query - Page 2 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2010, 09:10 PM   #11 (permalink)
ETM
Veteran Member

Yeah backcountry has none, The only stock I can find on the net are the ones i posted above. I got mine from the US and it cost about AU$520 delivered as I got it on special from buysnow but they have none left either.If you really want one forget about the money as you have really left it late and you will be lucky to get one at all so jump at the 161 posted above, bang it on the card and make it yours or you will be jealous of all the green bases on the snow this year lol.

I think I will be taking a hi tensile chain to lock my board this year rofl. Maybe a guard dog too
ETM is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-04-2010, 10:07 PM   #12 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaID View Post
Im the same size as you and had the same problem a few months ago, I went with the 161, personally i think its the perfect all round size for all mountain riding. I found the the board actually roade a little shorter than its length.
This is what I found as well.

I wanted to drop down in length and stiffness from a stiff 164 cambered board to something quicker/easier to manipulate and more forgiving for moguls and glades.

I loved the idea of rocker for the quick turns at lower speeds, but was concerned that dropping only 3 cm from a 164 cambered to a 161 rockered wouldn't be enough of a change to make that big a difference.

I was very wrong. My 161 SL-R feels and responds like a low 150's board in the moguls. So easy to whip around...exactly what I was looking for. But at speed, on the groomers, the cambered tips get engaged and the whole effective edge grabs hold of the hard pack and ice so it really feels as stable as my old cambered board. It seems to float well in powder, but we haven't been blessed with much lately.

Best of both worlds for me and I'm glad that I didn't go shorter
Bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 09:25 AM   #13 (permalink)

I'm having da same problem don't know if I should go with a 155 SL or 153 again da only sizing chart I seen was on evo gear and that states I'm to fast for either size
I'm 5'7 170 lbs sz 9 boot really need some adivce asap!! Also I'm looking to get into some back country and taking it into some deeper snow next season
Thanks and sorry for just jumping on this thread
Sii315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 10:38 PM   #14 (permalink)

At your weight you could do either. Weight ratings are really not that useful and are just guidelines for guessing a size. The length is all about stability and float, which is dependent on weight, stance, riding style, and personal preference. Riders with the same weight might want different sizes because one likes it more or less stable/smooth than another (or maybe one likes faster turning over smooth feel).

Given that you want backcountry and deeper snow I would find the general size YOU are comfortable with and go up a small notch. Also, if its mainly for backcountry/pow you might want to try the heritage or something more freeride oriented. If you also hit park, stick with the SL.
multisample is offline   Reply With Quote