Can't decide! - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2010, 08:45 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Can't decide!

Hey I am new to the forums and trying to decide between a couple of options I have. First deal I have is an older used Burton Air 155 board with stock bindings for $75. Next is a used sims board (no idea on what kind of sims just has some white mountains on the bottom)155 with Burton bindings. Third is just a Burton Air 155 '07 board never been used for $100 but no bindings. The trouble with my decision is that I'm not sure how good of quality sims is and ect. I know burton is good quality but since the board is like 7 years old I don't know how reliable that is. I probably could get the first two deals to part out. If anyone has advice on sims quality of quality, quality of older burton board, or just any advice about what they think the best deal is would be great.
Harolddd is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-05-2010, 08:51 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I suggest to keep looking and if that's your budget, to just keep saving and old off a little bit.
linvillegorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 11:12 PM   #3 (permalink)

That doesn't have to be my budget I'm just a cheap ass haha
Old 04-05-2010, 11:32 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

You're just not going to get much of anything worth a damn for those prices unless you completely luck out and fall ass backwards onto a deal from someone who just doesn't realize what they have or is utterly desperate. (Or most likely, you're unknowingly buying stolen shit)
Old 04-05-2010, 11:36 PM   #5 (permalink)

Alright that makes a lot of sense, I guess I'll just have to wait a bit because I just bought a season pass again. Dang too bad part time jobs only pay so much. So you wouldn't recommend the new burton air from '07?
Old 04-05-2010, 11:39 PM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member

If you want to go super cheap, www.sierrasnowboarding.com is the place to go right now. They have quite a few boards under $200 and some pretty good ones at that.
Old 04-05-2010, 11:48 PM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by linvillegorge View Post
Scratch that and go to Snowboards - Men's Snowboards | Reviews and Sale at SierraSnowboard.com lol :P
fredericp64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 04:53 PM   #8 (permalink)

Wow thanks, looking through the site I have definetly decided to quit being a little baby about money. Never heard of sierra, any good?
Old 04-06-2010, 05:07 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harolddd View Post
Wow thanks, looking through the site I have definetly decided to quit being a little baby about money. Never heard of sierra, any good?
Very popular snowboard retailer/etailer. Good customer service. Can't really complain about much from them.

If you're looking at Sierra branded boards, they're fine. They're all made by real manufacturers (Burton, Flow, Capita) for Sierra based on their designs.
2010 Burton Ruler
CoopersTroopers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 05:18 PM   #10 (permalink)

i've never had any issues with them.. bought 3 boards off them. not sure where you are, but if the board is crossing some borders, it can tack a bit to the costs. for mine (going to canada) i usually assume another 75 dollars by the time price is converted and shipping/taxes/duties are added. so a board for $150US is in my hot little hands for around 225cdn.

and the burton sierra's will probably be the best deals as the current "issues" are being dealt with... they gotta move em, so might as well take advantage.

but yeah... i'd pass on that old sims... sounds like the old rentals from back in the day...

the newer burton air would be fine (not going to bother asking about your size and all that)... 100 for a "new" board is pretty good. that board is pretty generic, so its a safe choice.