Is buying a Burton Clash a good idea? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2010, 12:01 PM   #1 (permalink)
Mattraffan

Default Is buying a Burton Clash a good idea?

Hey guys this is my first post so go easy on me!

I've been riding for nearly two years now on rentals, so the time has come for me to buy my own board. I'm really looking for a good all rounder as I like carving and racing down slopes with my friends, but I'm also massively into parks and try out tricks.

I'm at the stage where my riding is fluid and comfortable, and in terms of tricks I can do a handful of grabs and 180 spins.

From all the boards I've used 155 seems to be about the size that I find most comfortable, (I'm 5'8" and weigh 67kg) so I was wondering if you guys, and you're more informed opinion thought this was a good investment?

Burton Snowboards Clash Snowboards | Two Seasons theres a link to the board I'm looking at, thanks a lot!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-06-2010, 12:05 PM   #2 (permalink)
Leo
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

No

Better ones out there.
Old 04-06-2010, 12:13 PM   #3 (permalink)
Mattraffan

Even with the price drop on that site? And if you don't mind my asking what don't you like about it/ what features are better on other boards?
Old 04-06-2010, 12:16 PM   #4 (permalink)
Leo
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

You are going to outgrow the Clash very quickly. If you want a decent entry level board, go with the Ride Control. Much better board for an entry level one.

I would personally save up a little more dough and invest on a better board. It might be cheap for you now, but it will become a wasted expense after a season when you realize that this board just doesn't suite you. If you want a Burton that will ride in the park really well, go with the Custom V-Rocker.
Old 04-06-2010, 12:26 PM   #5 (permalink)
weipim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo View Post
You are going to outgrow the Clash very quickly. If you want a decent entry level board, go with the Ride Control. Much better board for an entry level one.

I would personally save up a little more dough and invest on a better board. It might be cheap for you now, but it will become a wasted expense after a season when you realize that this board just doesn't suite you. If you want a Burton that will ride in the park really well, go with the Custom V-Rocker.
I agree mann, I got a Burton Verdict for my first board, really the worst board you can f*kin buy on the market, for the same price there are way better choices.

anyway, with the sale, op, why don't u buy a sierra crew or reverse crew? it's like the same as burton custom/custom vrocker
Old 04-06-2010, 12:34 PM   #6 (permalink)
Mattraffan

Thanks for the advice guys I've been looking into the Sierra boards. Do you know of any good sites in the UK that sell them?
Old 04-06-2010, 01:01 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattraffan View Post
Thanks for the advice guys I've been looking into the Sierra boards. Do you know of any good sites in the UK that sell them?
Sierra boards are custom made by other manufacturers (Burton, Flow, Capita) for Sierra Snowboard specifically. Other than resale, you won't find them anywhere but sierrasnowboard.com. They're not exact clones/rebadges, but they are heavily modeled after existing boards with some design tweaks. They will be very similar to the boards they are modeled after, just not exactly the same.

Crew/Crew LTD = Burton Custom
Reverse Crew = Burton Custom V-Rocker
Team = Flow Team
Sierrascope FK = Capita Horrorscope FK + Indoor Survival FK
Stunt = Burton Blunt
V-Spot = Burton Social
Bluebird = ???
2010 Burton Ruler

Last edited by CoopersTroopers; 04-06-2010 at 01:17 PM. Reason: bad typos
CoopersTroopers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 01:13 PM   #8 (permalink)
Mattraffan

Ah ok then, I may have to bite the bullet and buy from the site. Anyone know how much import tax to the UK would be on a board?
Old 04-06-2010, 01:33 PM   #9 (permalink)

they'll calculate that with you if you chat up the staff? that's my experience anyways.
Old 04-06-2010, 01:35 PM   #10 (permalink)
Mattraffan

Haha I tried asking them and got no real response they only told me that I would definately be taxed