Lib Tech Banana vs Ride Machete - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2010, 02:14 AM   #1 (permalink)
lonewolf42

Default Lib Tech Banana vs Ride Machete

Whats your guys opinion on it?

nanner or chete?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-07-2010, 04:27 AM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Unless mostly all you ride is powder (which I'm guessing not) by these choices...I'd go for the Banana for the magnetraction. It really works good.
rasmasyean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 07:50 AM   #3 (permalink)
Leo
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Uh, the skate naner or naner magic? If you're talking skate banana, I'd go with Machete. If banana magic, then I'd go with that.
Old 04-07-2010, 02:02 PM   #4 (permalink)

banana magic has a stiffness of 7 while the skate banana is 4.5-5. why would you even compare those two boards as being similar?
mrpez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 02:09 PM   #5 (permalink)
Leo
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpez View Post
banana magic has a stiffness of 7 while the skate banana is 4.5-5. why would you even compare those two boards as being similar?
I'm not comparing, I just don't know which one out of the two the OP is asking about. The Machete is not just limited to freestyle riding. The board rips all-around. Just like the Banana Magic. I don't do much park at all and I would place the Machete on the top of my list of boards to purchase.

Saying the "naner" is vague. You can't just assume it's the skate banana because the other board he asked about is the Machete.

I would put the Machete into the equation with deciding between a Banana Magic or the Skate Banana. And I'm a free-rider with little bit of freestyle.
Old 04-07-2010, 02:32 PM   #6 (permalink)

The Machete rips every part of the hill. That is my opinion (and Leo's from the sound of it) but I have found some that find it a little soft. The 2011 version gets poprods which is a great addition.

If the other choice is a skate banana, then I would have to say if you ride east of Colorado (and ride a lot of park) go with the skate banana, however if you are in the west, go with the Machete.
jgsqueak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 03:08 PM   #7 (permalink)
Leo
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgsqueak View Post
The Machete rips every part of the hill. That is my opinion (and Leo's from the sound of it) but I have found some that find it a little soft. The 2011 version gets poprods which is a great addition.

If the other choice is a skate banana, then I would have to say if you ride east of Colorado (and ride a lot of park) go with the skate banana, however if you are in the west, go with the Machete.
Exactly my feelings. I demoed the 2011 Machete. Super sick board. Yes, it on the softer side, but it certainly doesn't ride like other boards of the same flex.
Old 04-07-2010, 04:39 PM   #8 (permalink)
lonewolf42

Thanks for all the opinions guys by the way by nana i was thinking skate banana.
Old 04-07-2010, 05:12 PM   #9 (permalink)
Veteran Member

The banana magic is a full banana. Designed mostly with powder in mind. Will allow you to press a bit easier considering it's so stiff too I guess.

The SB is banana between the feet. When you stand on it, the ends engage the snow. Just not as hard as C2 banana boards. But it's stiff at the ends so it can ride powder and carve better than if it was flexibly throughout. The middle is softer so you can still engange in presses and spins easily.

Everything is a compromise. It depends on which ride is more important to you...for that particular board, if you have a couple.

Last edited by rasmasyean; 04-07-2010 at 05:14 PM.
rasmasyean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 07:14 PM   #10 (permalink)
jdaripper

Default chete chete

I just picked up a machete and i am absolutely loving it. From the park to the powder it just destroys everything. the lowrize rocker technology seems to be the perfect balance in the camber vs reverse camber battle. while i have yet to ride a skate banana (this will be remedied this week) based on what i hear there are some minor flaws with having as much rocker as it has. i have heard that 1. it is easier to wash out off of bigger jumps due to the full length rocker. and 2. the banana sacrifices pop (which i find fairly essential in the park). I am pretty excited to get on one to see how the banana tech compares to rides lowrize technology.