End of Season Clean Up - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2010, 03:51 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default End of Season Clean Up

So sadly my season came to an end a couple weeks back and now I'm getting ready to put everything away for the summer. Just had a few questions about board maintenance. My last few trips to the hill i spent a good chunk of my time hitting this big pvc pipe and it seems to have left some marks on my board. I tried to just scrape them off as i could basically just pick at them and most of it would get off but I'm having trouble getting some of the marks off. See below for the pictures.

Also i noticed earlier in the year that my bindings had seemed to leave some marks on my board that won't go away. I was wondering if anyone else had this problem and could shed some light on what might be causing it and if it's repairable (I know it's purely cosmetic but i like to take pride in the way my equipment looks). I put some pictures below also.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SSPX0106.jpg (44.3 KB, 40 views)
File Type: jpg SSPX0107.jpg (57.9 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg SSPX0108.jpg (54.9 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg SSPX0109.jpg (53.8 KB, 21 views)
Jeklund is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-08-2010, 03:54 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I dont know if theres anything you can do about the binding plate rings, everyone gets those as far as i know. You may be able to clean them off with something but i dunno.

Just coat the base in wax, and leave it on until next season.
arsenic0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 04:58 PM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Most people will tell you that the marks don't matter and it's true, they're mostly just cosmetic damages. But clogging your bases pores with crud like that will slow down your board by like 2% of its potential speed(depending on how cruddy it is). You be the judge if that's important to you.

If you wanna get rid of the marks, just hot scrape it. (provided you have you own waxing setup) Take some cheap wax. Wax your board as you would normally do, but scrape it off immediately - as opposed to letting it dry. The warm wax will suck up all the crap out of the pores. You may need to repeat the process to get most of it out.

Voila! Brand new base!! Just put a heavy coat on it for the summer, this prevents the base from drying out.

For the rings on the topsheet, you're screwed. We all have it.

BTW, do you ride table mountain? I grew up in North Battleford.
fredericp64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 06:47 PM   #4 (permalink)

Yea i have my own waxing kit ill probably do a hot scrape tomorrow and see what happens. And yea i do ride at table i had a season pass there this year and got out around 15 times.
Jeklund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 06:11 PM   #5 (permalink)

Also i noticed earlier in the year that my bindings had seemed to leave some marks on my board that won't go away. I was wondering if anyone else had this problem and could shed some light on what might be causing it and if it's repairable (I know it's purely cosmetic but i like to take pride in the way my equipment looks). I put some pictures below also.[/QUOTE]

My bindings raped my board. So pissed off, I take my bindings off in the summer, or just loosen them
avenged1985 is offline   Reply With Quote