Sore bottom of foot - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2007, 02:14 PM   #1 (permalink)
dinanm3atl

Default Sore bottom of foot

Well I am on my last day at Snowmass and I have this problem.

It basically is my arch. It just kills. I am guessing I am having "heel lift" and my foot is trying to force down my

I bought Forum Takedowns... Seems like a very good boot. No pinch points and when I walk around they don't lift. If I really really try I can lift my heel a little bit in the boot.

Bindings are Burton Customs with cap strap

Millinium three board. All I do is freeride. I ride toe side and heel side so I don't really favor one side until it starts to really get sore...

Are the boots the problem? Should I seek out a different pair?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-30-2007, 02:31 PM   #2 (permalink)
headinahole

Sounds like a bruised/stretched tendon... I used to get them all the time racing mx... The dock said it's usually caused by direct impact when your foot is completely stretched out..

Mike
Old 12-30-2007, 02:39 PM   #3 (permalink)
dinanm3atl

Quote:
Originally Posted by headinahole
Sounds like a bruised/stretched tendon... I used to get them all the time racing mx... The dock said it's usually caused by direct impact when your foot is completely stretched out..

Mike
Can you explain more?

Or anyone else have ideas. I tried the boots in a store and they felt great. Then bought from dogfunk so I have an unlimited return policy if I want to try something else
Old 12-30-2007, 03:01 PM   #4 (permalink)
headinahole

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinanm3atl
Can you explain more?

Or anyone else have ideas. I tried the boots in a store and they felt great. Then bought from dogfunk so I have an unlimited return policy if I want to try something else
From the way I understood the doctor jargon.... it happens when your foot takes a jolt while tweaked.. or just tweaking your foot in general. Kinda like when you hyper-extend a knee... except on a much smaller scale. After the first time it happened and a wasted trip to the doc.... I would rub my foot while soaking it in epson salt and it would work wonders for the pain.

Edit: Basically if it hurts/sore where I think it is.. it's a slight possibility that the boots are the culprit... Maybe they come loose a little bit throughout the day?

Mike

Last edited by headinahole; 12-30-2007 at 03:23 PM.
Old 12-30-2007, 05:40 PM   #5 (permalink)
dinanm3atl

Quote:
From the way I understood the doctor jargon.... it happens when your foot takes a jolt while tweaked.. or just tweaking your foot in general. Kinda like when you hyper-extend a knee... except on a much smaller scale. After the first time it happened and a wasted trip to the doc.... I would rub my foot while soaking it in epson salt and it would work wonders for the pain.

Edit: Basically if it hurts/sore where I think it is.. it's a slight possibility that the boots are the culprit... Maybe they come loose a little bit throughout the day?

Mike
That is possible. I mean the boot fits perfectly according to everywhere I read. No pinches, toes perfectly at the front. The only downside is my heel lifts ever so slightly...

I think I might try another pair of boots with BOA that has a 2nd tightener for the rear... I think I have a thin heel area...

What I think is happening is when it is lifting I try to force it back down and it eventually tires out the muscle in the arch of my foot
Old 12-30-2007, 06:09 PM   #6 (permalink)
headinahole

You could try an ankle brace or some foot/lower leg stretches before you board... To try to loosen that muscle up a little bit. If it's the one i'm thinking of it's the muscle that extrudes down in the arch of your foot when you lift your big toe..

Mike

Last edited by headinahole; 12-30-2007 at 06:11 PM.
Old 12-30-2007, 10:41 PM   #7 (permalink)
dinanm3atl

Quote:
You could try an ankle brace or some foot/lower leg stretches before you board... To try to loosen that muscle up a little bit. If it's the one i'm thinking of it's the muscle that extrudes down in the arch of your foot when you lift your big toe..

Mike
Yes that is the one...
Old 12-30-2007, 11:02 PM   #8 (permalink)
headinahole

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinanm3atl
Yes that is the one...
Then try what I was talking about earlier... also make sure your taking in a lot of fluid...

Mike