So I went snowboarding last week, picked up a board today! - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2010, 12:07 AM   #1 (permalink)
dodgerfan33

Default So I went snowboarding last week, picked up a board today!

Last week I went snowboarding with my brother at Mt. High, CA. I instantly loved it and we ended up staying the entire day. I bought a board with bindings from a friend who said that it would do okay for me, considering I'm new and don't have a ton of money to spend on gear. So I got a Forum JP Walker 154, its 10in wide, 3 years old. Its got no dings, dents or gashes, he takes real good care of his stuff. It also came with a bag, and white Forum Bindings w/ a stomp-pad. This only cost me $100 too, but I'm not to sure if it was a good deal and how many seasons it will last. But I do plan to buy a new board next season. Can you guys help me out and tell me if it was worth it, and any advice for a newbie?
here are a few pics of it:
http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x...862b207f11.jpg
http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x...291d2ef212.jpg
http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x...2469c53d15.jpg

Last edited by dodgerfan33; 04-10-2010 at 12:12 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-10-2010, 12:21 AM   #2 (permalink)

Sounds like a good deal to me. I live in So Cal also. You should try and make it up to Snow Summit or Bear Mountain this season. Have fun.
Christopher9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 12:26 AM   #3 (permalink)
dodgerfan33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher9 View Post
Sounds like a good deal to me. I live in So Cal also. You should try and make it up to Snow Summit or Bear Mountain this season. Have fun.
I heard bear mountain is staying open through summer. Is this true? I was hoping to go somewhere else besides Mt. High because it seemed pretty small....
Old 04-10-2010, 01:36 AM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

bear/ summit is much bigger than Mt high, i also think they are better =).

But Bear does not stay open for snowboarding during summer... they have no snow. Bear is closing sometime around the end of this month prob. It stays open for Mtn Biking though.
Old 04-10-2010, 02:12 AM   #5 (permalink)
Rookie Academy

Glad to hear you've finally discovered snowboarding!!! Treble Cone in new zealand will soon be opening for the summer! Check out Ski Instructor Courses & Snowboard Instructor Training - New Zealand, Canada & Colorado USA - Rookie Academy to learn how to live you instructing dream!!!
Old 04-10-2010, 03:16 AM   #6 (permalink)
discostix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rookie Academy View Post
Glad to hear you've finally discovered snowboarding!!! Treble Cone in new zealand will soon be opening for the summer! Check out Ski Instructor Courses & Snowboard Instructor Training - New Zealand, Canada & Colorado USA - Rookie Academy to learn how to live you instructing dream!!!
Are you refering to the southern or northern hemisphere summer?
Because by somehow God's devine miracle has lined up with all the sphere's and you have snow to snowboard on in the New Zealand summer. I will bend over and suck my own Phalis and blow all over my computer screen
Old 04-10-2010, 03:18 AM   #7 (permalink)
discostix

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgerfan33 View Post
Last week I went snowboarding with my brother at Mt. High, CA. I instantly loved it and we ended up staying the entire day. I bought a board with bindings from a friend who said that it would do okay for me, considering I'm new and don't have a ton of money to spend on gear. So I got a Forum JP Walker 154, its 10in wide, 3 years old. Its got no dings, dents or gashes, he takes real good care of his stuff. It also came with a bag, and white Forum Bindings w/ a stomp-pad. This only cost me $100 too, but I'm not to sure if it was a good deal and how many seasons it will last. But I do plan to buy a new board next season. Can you guys help me out and tell me if it was worth it, and any advice for a newbie?
here are a few pics of it:
http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x...862b207f11.jpg
http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x...291d2ef212.jpg
http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x...2469c53d15.jpg
Yo bro rope tow , thats the 1999/2000 forum JP.

Don't be dishartend , you still got a good deal! Because that was when forum where at their best. The retail for those boards in Southern Hemiphere prices at the time was $1299 for them. Wowwwaaaa
Old 04-10-2010, 04:15 AM   #8 (permalink)
dodgerfan33

Quote:
Originally Posted by discostix View Post
Yo bro rope tow , thats the 1999/2000 forum JP.

Don't be dishartend , you still got a good deal! Because that was when forum where at their best. The retail for those boards in Southern Hemiphere prices at the time was $1299 for them. Wowwwaaaa
As I was reading your comment I got a tad sow...but I hope it still works well, as it is in PRISTINE condition..Is it still a good board by todays standards though?
Old 04-10-2010, 05:35 AM   #9 (permalink)
discostix

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgerfan33 View Post
As I was reading your comment I got a tad sow...but I hope it still works well, as it is in PRISTINE condition..Is it still a good board by todays standards though?
Yehhh , snowboards haven't really changed that much in the last decade untill really the past 2 years with R/C , Magnetraction etc. It will still ride good and looks preety flawless
Old 04-10-2010, 05:54 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rookie Academy View Post
dont listen to this douche

http://www.snowboardingforum.com/tip...ing-dream.html

you probably wont need a new board for next season. pick one up at the end of next season if anything. thats when you can get the best deals.