Difficult choice of snowboard - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2010, 08:00 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Difficult choice of snowboard

Guys I need help on choosing a board for next season. At the moment i want to get 2009-10 board because it will be cheaper than next seasons gear. I like to snowboard all mountain, speeding down hills, powder, jumps.Plus I want to try and improve on my park skills. So which board would you recommend out of these:
Burton Custom
Burton the Hero
Burton Operator
Forum Destroyer Chilidog
Gnu riders choice
open to any other suggestions too
ReavBoard is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-10-2010, 09:16 AM   #2 (permalink)
discostix

Bataleon Evil twin 2011 model.

Triradial sidecut , so more contact points with the know = much more responsive and doesn't slip out on hardpack

TBT= all the benefits of camber and reverse camber , so raised contact points - so you can grease tricks and pre spin better and no edge catch like R/C but still has the responsiveness of Camber and then pop instead of a sloppy rockered out deck.

Bataleon backs their shit with a 2 year warranty. And it's a core as core can be company , not owned by a surf brands or a bunch of DC suites

The graphics are ballin' , don't have some lame piece of fruit on it or cartoon graphic , they are clean and neat...

I'd either invest in one of those , I love bataleon's. Every person i've ever put on one always comes back stoked. They have done it right
Old 04-10-2010, 09:33 AM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

TBT is no where near what rocker/rc is.

If you're going the camber route the Operator is a fun deck that's a bit more all mountain/pipe focused. If you're going to go RC and still want a deck you can ride all mountain and want a Burton look at the Joystick instead of the Hero/Custom

The destroyer chillidog is kind of blah doesn't really do anything great.

Since you're open to other decks here's a few I'd recommend Unity Reverse, K2 Believer, k2 jibpan, and k2 parkstar, ride dh2, never summer evo.
Old 04-10-2010, 03:08 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by discostix View Post
Bataleon Evil twin 2011 model.

Triradial sidecut , so more contact points with the know = much more responsive and doesn't slip out on hardpack

TBT= all the benefits of camber and reverse camber , so raised contact points - so you can grease tricks and pre spin better and no edge catch like R/C but still has the responsiveness of Camber and then pop instead of a sloppy rockered out deck.

Bataleon backs their shit with a 2 year warranty. And it's a core as core can be company , not owned by a surf brands or a bunch of DC suites

The graphics are ballin' , don't have some lame piece of fruit on it or cartoon graphic , they are clean and neat...

I'd either invest in one of those , I love bataleon's. Every person i've ever put on one always comes back stoked. They have done it right
Wow. Sorry man, but all I read there was "YO, YO, YO! YA HEARD!"

Who cares about a 2 year warranty? That's just industry standard. There's only a couple of manufacturers who offer a 3 year warranty.
linvillegorge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 04:07 PM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by linvillegorge View Post
Wow. Sorry man, but all I read there was "YO, YO, YO! YA HEARD!"

Seriously....

Def not doing much for Bataleon on that one

And I had a 2010 Bataleon The Jam and that thing wouldn't hold an edge on anything.

And Reav, you really gotta investigate boards outside of the super mainstream ones like Burton and GNU.

Tons and tons of companies out there that are making better decks with a cheaper price tag. And some that are just as pricy as Burton but are far superior in pretty much every way.

Never Summer is def a good direction to go
Moral of the story: If your going to rob people, wear a diaper.
Milo303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 07:40 PM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member

... Basing this off what I've read and heard...

NeverSummer Evo or the NeverSummer SL.
Each one can be taken into the park. The SL is going to be a bit more of an all mountain board compared to the Evo, but I've heard a lot of people mention taking their Evos outside of the park.
Ride Machete
Again, from what I've read this boards seems to be a jack of all trades. It can hold an edge on the mountain, but it's still soft enough to use in the park. It also has a lowrise rocker, so nothing insane but it should help a bit with the powder.

I dunno to be honest man... finding a board that can do everything is pretty tough, haha.
Snowfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 08:06 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milo303 View Post
And Reav, you really gotta investigate boards outside of the super mainstream ones like Burton and GNU.
These are others i have been looking at
Capita Indoor survival
K2 parkstar
nitro misfit/rook
Forum substance/manual
from reviews most of these board seem good but some reviews can be very varied which made me doubt them.
ReavBoard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 10:06 PM   #8 (permalink)
discostix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milo303 View Post
Seriously....

Def not doing much for Bataleon on that one

And I had a 2010 Bataleon The Jam and that thing wouldn't hold an edge on anything.

Tons and tons of companies out there that are making better decks with a cheaper price tag. And some that are just as pricy as Burton but are far superior in pretty much every way.

Never Summer is def a good direction to go
Yeh dude , um thats why they started doing the triradial side cut for better edge hold duh?

Your all definatley kidding your self if you think R/C is better than TBT or BST , I think most of you need to ride a board with a base that says something other than Lib tech or burton on it.

How can you recomend a operater , seriously?
Worst fucking board ever , burton are even thinking about plugging it
Old 04-11-2010, 09:43 PM   #9 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Not to hard to recommend a board seeing as I've ridden everything I recommend. Your level of incompetence is amazing.
Old 04-11-2010, 10:23 PM   #10 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Yeah, that's the thing about BA, he may come across as an asshole sometimes, but the dude has probably actually ridden more boards than I can even sit here and name.
linvillegorge is online now   Reply With Quote