Painting - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2007, 03:57 PM   #1 (permalink)
Schwaller15

Default Painting

Ok, I'm not entirely sure if this belongs in fashion or in this forum so sorry if I got it wrong, but here it goes.

I have a friend who skateboards and he's bored with the graphics on the bottom of his board so I am designing new graphics for him, I'm going to make stencils and redo the bottom of his board with some spray paint and sealer stuff and as I'm designing fun graphics for his board I got to thinking about my own snowboard. My snowboard I got for xmas a few years ago and I've always hated the graphics, too dull, but beggers can't be choosers I suppose. But snowboards are completely different material and ride completely different ways in harsher conditions, so here's my questions, is there some sort of paint I can get that I can spray or draw onto my board that wouldn't crack as the board flexes, wouldn't get scratched up, would cover the graphics I have now, wouldn't wash away with the snow and would basically hold up against a snowboard trip that is affordable and comes in a variety of colors? And if there is can you paint it on the bottom of the board too without messing up the preformance of it (like, would varying layers of paint in different places of the board be enough to throw it off balance?). And what would you seal it with?

Thanks, schwaller
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-30-2007, 04:31 PM   #2 (permalink)
berg

i doubt you can do too much to the bottom of the board easily. you might be able to look into getting different colored waxes and mixing those, just a thought.

if you do find a way to do the top though...i'd be VERY interested in doing it also. do you have any pics of the deck designs you've done?