Rome Pusher? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2010, 10:44 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Rome Pusher?

Need some help deciding if this is the board for me. I am starting to progress in the park but still find myself carving down a run a couple times a day. I'm looking at the Rome Push because the reviews make it sound like it can fit into both the park and free ride. I'm just not sure how I feel about the rocker since I have only ridden camber but am willing to change it up. Also im a intermediate rider learning in the park and people have said this board is for advanced riders only. Any suggestions on weather I'm looking at the right board or comments about how this board holds up. Im also open to other board suggestions. Thanks
Harolddd is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-12-2010, 06:52 AM   #2 (permalink)

As always, don't pay much attention to labels like "advanced board". It is a all mountain freestyle board with a fairly modest rocker, a decent pop, softer between the legs than it is nose and tail which allows for some bending. This really is a do-it-all board in my opinion, it isn't super rockered, so don't expect it to bend in half or never catch an edge, but at the same time it remains quite stable at speed. If this sounds like your type of thing then that is what is important. A beginner shouldn't have any trouble turning this either, it seems to me at least to be torsionally flexible enough that if you size properly it should be easy. It is all about priorities and preferences really, go figure.

Maybe these links will help in your decision:
The Angry Snowboarder Blog Archive Rome Pusher 1985 with 390’s my take
Snowboard Review: 09-10 Rome Pusher 1985 – Shayboarder.com
Pistachio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 09:59 AM   #3 (permalink)

So do you think that this board will be alright for professing in the park?
Old 04-12-2010, 03:46 PM   #4 (permalink)

I looked farther into it and also liked the look of Rome machine, and rome headline. It says that on the website that machine is made for the "bigger" rider is this correct? Or should I stick with the pusher for my style that I described earlier.
Old 04-12-2010, 10:34 PM   #5 (permalink)

The Machine is a wide park board, I wouldn't get it unless you needed a wide park board. The Headline is directional and has a 1/1 bevel, indicating it is not actually intended to be a park board.
The boards to get from Rome to do park and still be solid all mountain are the Pusher, Mod and Agent. The Pusher being RC and the Mod and Agent being camber.
Pistachio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 10:43 PM   #6 (permalink)

Got the Pusher hope it all works out! Thanks for the advice!
Old 05-31-2010, 05:10 PM   #7 (permalink)

what was the pusher like?
my needs in a snowboard sound extremely similar to your own and I am seriously considering the pusher.
cal29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 09:39 AM   #8 (permalink)

Well I got my pusher, unfourtunatly my season is already over here so I couldn't tell you how it rides. What I can tell you is that the board looks good. As far as flex it's definetly a mountain riding board, there is some flex but it's no jib noodle. Idk if that helps at all.