Need some help with my dark series... - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2007, 05:52 PM   #1 (permalink)
phortwunty

Default Need some help with my dark series...

By the way, first time poster...there seems to be some cool and knowledgeable people on here, I look forward to using this site.

So here's my question... What is Lib Tech's Dark Series considered??

Mervin calls it a pipe/park focused board, but everyone I talk to says that's not the case.

For my new board this year I was really looking at the TRS with magna and bannana, but I couldn't find one. At the shop I was at I started talking with one of the owners and he said that the Dark Series is what I was going to want.

My wants were an all mountain board that was wide enough for my feet (12) and stiff enough to rip everywhere. I am a very aggresive rider and I was after a stiff board that would rip.

The dude I was talking to is one of the owners of a very core shop up here in seattle, he (and everybody else) rides a shit ton, knows there stuff, and I have never once been steered to something I didn't feel comfortable with...as a matter of fact, when I went to buy my boots last year I walked out with a pair (ride amps) that were $40 less than what I was going to spend because of the insistence of one of the employees that I try on two pairs that I wasn't even considering...so I have no worries that I was "sold" a more expensive board.

The guy I was talking to said that in his oppinion the Dark was a stiff all mountain board.

I ended up with the Dark 161W with magna...

So what do you guys think, why does there seem to be a confuison? Why does mervin say it's a pipe and park specific board, but it isn't a twin tip (right?), it's stiff, and has a set back stance. What's up??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-03-2008, 08:43 AM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

The Dark is more of a pipe board than a park board which is why it's on the stiffer end. I was looking inton the 164w mtx myself and the mervin rep basically told me that if I was getting steep and deep then the SkunkApe was the way to go, for everything on the mountain riding he said either the Dark or the Gnu 11up were the best choices.

I'm pretty sure the Dark is a twin also...
lisevolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 09:37 AM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

first off, you bought a solid board. libs are the shit imo.

i looked at the dark series for a park board since that what they claim it is but everything i read said it on the stiffer side. i have the jamie lynn pro model lib and that thing is stiff so i decided to look else where for a softer board.