2010 Capita Indoor Survival FK Size Recommendation - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2010, 02:44 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default 2010 Capita Indoor Survival FK Size Recommendation

Hi,

I'm 6'0 at around 170 lbs, shoe size 11.....I was looking to get a 154 and use it for pretty much everything......but do you think this would be too short for pow? I don't ride pow too often, maybe like twice a season. I was thinking of going 156 for this reason, and also, I already have a jib/park board, a k2 www 152. Since i have this board, would buying an Indoor Survival FK 154 be redundant?

Thanks,

JP
johncp is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-13-2010, 07:55 AM   #2 (permalink)

U already have your jib/park board so go for 156 maybe even 158.
Zany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 08:57 AM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

154 would definitely be on the small side especially if you are looking to ride pow. I would say no less than 156. I am 6'2" 180 and usually ride 158-164. I would maybe do a 156 in a park board but thats it. Can't believe you are on a 152. Must be like skateboarding.
tekniq33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 09:03 AM   #4 (permalink)
ETM
Veteran Member

I always try to buy a board that is different from the ones I already have. No point having a quiver full of 152 boards lol.
ETM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 09:07 AM   #5 (permalink)

They only thing I would be concerned with is your size 11 shoe. The Inddor survival is somewhat narrow specially on a 154. So yes go for something bigger.
laz167 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 10:52 AM   #6 (permalink)

Hi All,

Thanks for the advice....I don't usually ride pow that often, so i'm not sure if it's worth buying a pow specific board...i usually ride groomers and hit the park..i also enjoy flat ground jibbing as well, and i thought maybe a 156 might be a little too long for that...i just got sick of carrying multiple boards with me, and just wanted a single do-it-all stick..i figure having a 154 would be perfect and still be able to withstand those occassional pow days as well...plus the indoor survival fk is rockered (zero cambered to be exact), so can't u size down with rockered boards?
johncp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 12:43 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by johncp View Post
Hi All,

Thanks for the advice....I don't usually ride pow that often, so i'm not sure if it's worth buying a pow specific board...i usually ride groomers and hit the park..i also enjoy flat ground jibbing as well, and i thought maybe a 156 might be a little too long for that...i just got sick of carrying multiple boards with me, and just wanted a single do-it-all stick..i figure having a 154 would be perfect and still be able to withstand those occassional pow days as well...plus the indoor survival fk is rockered (zero cambered to be exact), so can't u size down with rockered boards?
size them as normal cambered boards , maybe little longer because rockered boards have less effective edge. (ofc depends what type of rocker)
Zany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 07:37 PM   #8 (permalink)

im 5.10 and 175. I bought a 156 sierrascope. Its pretty much built off the indoor. If i knew then what i know now, i would have spent the extra 100 bucks and bought a 160 indoor. The more you size up, the more aggressively you can ride it. And since the board performs at its best when its doing a little bit of everything, you want to be able to sometimes just blast with it. At 156 you could, to an extent, but it did have plenty of stability issues with washing and holding an edge on bouncier terrain. Upsize it and youll be stoked.
ippy is offline   Reply With Quote