Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Boards (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/)
-   -   board question (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/27797-board-question.html)

owengerig 04-13-2010 09:29 AM

board question

i love the never summer boards however i dont care much for the evo model so i was looking at the SL-R
however it only has a flex of 5
can anyone give me a better understanding of that flex attribute
how easy will my board flex? will i be able to easily bend the board for ground tricks and easier jumping. my current board is pretty stiff. i really need to load up the back side to get it to bend.

{ SL-R } Never Summer Boards

BurtonAvenger 04-13-2010 10:33 AM

How soft you want it to be? With a center reverse into a cambered tip and tail the board will bend if you know how to press it. Pressing a board is more about the riders technique than the board itself.

owengerig 04-13-2010 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BurtonAvenger (Post 284439)
How soft you want it to be? With a center reverse into a cambered tip and tail the board will bend if you know how to press it. Pressing a board is more about the riders technique than the board itself.

wow, im sorry i am kind of a newb and dont understand what you are saying
center reverse?

i have a cheap board i bought from craigslist and like i said it seems like its hard to bend the board. im planing to spend quite a few days this winter perfecting my skills and would like to find a better board and use my current one for the street parks. since i am a newb/intermediate rider i really want to try and do everything by the end of the summer. some backwoods, rails, ground tricks and jumps.

i guess though with this statement
"Pressing a board is more about the riders technique than the board itself"
it might be more me then my board

lonestarrider 04-14-2010 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by owengerig (Post 284447)
wow, im sorry i am kind of a newb and dont understand what you are saying
center reverse?

i have a cheap board i bought from craigslist and like i said it seems like its hard to bend the board. im planing to spend quite a few days this winter perfecting my skills and would like to find a better board and use my current one for the street parks. since i am a newb/intermediate rider i really want to try and do everything by the end of the summer. some backwoods, rails, ground tricks and jumps.

i guess though with this statement
"Pressing a board is more about the riders technique than the board itself"
it might be more me then my board

The NVS Evo may be more to your liking, it will be a bit softer and more pressable out in the tip and tail. How much do you weigh??

owengerig 04-14-2010 01:25 PM

around 200
thanks for the suggestion

lonestarrider 04-14-2010 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by owengerig (Post 284769)
around 200
thanks for the suggestion

Definitely then, at 200lbs you will be able to noodle the hell out of the Evo.