Need a new set up - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2010, 10:47 PM   #1 (permalink)
titss

Default Need a new set up

Im graduating high school and im getting a new set up for a graduation present, and i despratly need one since im riding on the imfamous zumez board that i got for christmas and my toes hang over the edge. I ride the alibi sictor 160w with freestyle bindings. im 6' 2" 200lbs. i was looking at the GNU Pickle and the GNU carbon series. I want the sickest and most orginal set up i can possible find but because im massive im limited to the choices. Any suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-19-2010, 11:15 PM   #2 (permalink)

Your not that "Massive" by any means... I'm 6'2" 185lbs and ride a 157cm deck. With that being said your board choices are going to be completely based on your riding style and skill level. If you are looking to get something dope and don't mind jumping on the burton ban wagon look into something like the Custom ICS with some dope bindings... The custom can handle the whole mountain and crush the park. Since you mentioned GNU look into Lib and check out the Skunk Ape, It is a baller all mountain deck made for bigger people. HOWEVER only being at 200lbs (depending your riding style as i said) you can ride anywhere from like a 158-160. What size shoes do you wear? I am assuming a 12 or bigger?
TeamSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 11:47 PM   #3 (permalink)

im 6'3 215 and i ride a SS 156...im a size 10...soo no nned for wide...but yeah its all preference adn whats your riding style...
Adrii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 11:55 PM   #4 (permalink)

Just to clarify, you have problematic overhang with a wide board? What size are your feet dude?
wolfbaden6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 12:15 AM   #5 (permalink)
titss

im more of an all mountian but go to the park every now and then. i have a size 13 foot ride at 15/15 idk maybe its the board that i have now but i wanted to get the 159w banana magic but assumed that my feet wont fit on it
Old 04-20-2010, 12:19 AM   #6 (permalink)
titss

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamSR View Post
Your not that "Massive" by any means... I'm 6'2" 185lbs and ride a 157cm deck. With that being said your board choices are going to be completely based on your riding style and skill level. If you are looking to get something dope and don't mind jumping on the burton ban wagon look into something like the Custom ICS with some dope bindings... The custom can handle the whole mountain and crush the park. Since you mentioned GNU look into Lib and check out the Skunk Ape, It is a baller all mountain deck made for bigger people. HOWEVER only being at 200lbs (depending your riding style as i said) you can ride anywhere from like a 158-160. What size shoes do you wear? I am assuming a 12 or bigger?
fuck that everyone and thier mothers have a burton i said orginal not a custom i want a board that in one season you can count the amount of times you've seen someone else have it on 1 hand
Old 04-20-2010, 01:35 AM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by titss View Post
fuck that everyone and thier mothers have a burton i said orginal not a custom i want a board that in one season you can count the amount of times you've seen someone else have it on 1 hand
Dude, relax.
It's better to have a board everyone else has that's great than a shitty one that's "original".

Never Summer gets hyped a lot, but to be honest I haven't seen that many around so it might fit your "original" qualifications while still being good. Look at getting a Heritage X or a Legacy-R (the Legacy-R will probably be more playful as it's based off the SL-R, the Heritage will probably be more stable).

Ride has a board called the Yukon (it's a wide Concept TMS). After talking to a forum member who loves his Concept TMS I feel comfortable recommending it as well. If you only rarely go into the park it should be fine, and it'll be a nice "ride" (haha get it? sorry ) on the rest of the mountain. Haven't seen almost any of those around either.

K2 is another good brand to check out as they seem to make a wide version for almost ALL their boards... unfortunately, k2 is also fairly popular, so you'll have to ask around/look around to see if a particular model is rare enough for your royal tastes...
Snowfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 11:27 AM   #8 (permalink)

Lol....

Yup, burton is a huge brand, and they do sometimes come out with the best products, especially in the boot franchise.

If you want a great board that not to many people have, look into the Easy Livin, the Love, the Twin, or for rockered, the Flying V, or the Easy Livin Flyin V.

Those boards you dont see to often, and I can tell you, they are better than many other boards your ride. There is a reason why burton got to where they are today
kquan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 11:44 AM   #9 (permalink)
Leo
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Horrible mentality here. Yes Burton has over saturated the market, but they also have excellent boards. There is a reason why you see so many Customs and Custom Xs. They both are great fucking boards. You choosing not to ride them solely based on the fact that others ride it is your loss.

With that said, toe overhang is normal. In fact, having no overhang will be a problem. If your toe and heel overhangs well over an inch, then you have problems. With size 13 boots, you will need a wide board. A 159w Banana Magic will fit you and is a really fun board.

If you do park, the Magic isn't your best option. It is a free-ride board so it is stiff.

Another great board to consider is the K2 Turbo Dream. It is all-mountain board with a mellow rocker that still performs in the park. Not the best jibstick, but definitely a solid kicker board.
Old 04-21-2010, 11:46 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
If you want original then why are you even considering the Pickle? Where I ride that board is as common as the Custom.
Rufus is offline   Reply With Quote