Impressed with Rome - Page 3 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2010, 11:23 PM   #21 (permalink)
kwoodshredder

Rome is a top notch company. That's nice to know they care about their customers. I've got a Rome Notch 168 and absolutley love it. Haven't had any issues with it, but if I do, it's nice to know they will take care of me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-27-2010, 08:15 AM   #22 (permalink)

I bought a new Rome Anthem last year, and the top sheet started peeling right around the end of the season which was pretty upsetting. However, I just took it back to REI and they gave me a full refund no problem (I don't really know about Rome's warranty department since I just returned it to REI, but I'm sure they would have taken it back based on what people have said).
hayden907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 03:07 PM   #23 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Rome is definitely solid with their customer service. I was debating whether to pick up a demoed 2006 Rome Flag or buy the new version for 2007 so I reached out to them and they were extremely honest with me about the differences. At the end he said to me look, unless you're dropping 50ft cliffs you're not going to notice the difference between having the then new impact plates in 07 and the 06 version without. He said save your money get the demo... that's legit.

For the person who was talking about seeing an Anthem explode off a 20 footer, of course the freaking thing exploded... you shouldn't be taking a jib deck off 20 footers in the first place. Beyond that I would almost guarantee they replaced it for him under warranty anyway.

Also for the person who said all their boards are soft you definitely have not looked at their whole line. My flag is freaking free-ride beast and is far from soft. They do make softer boards but have a full line that covers all of the areas of snowboarding.
lisevolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 07:19 PM   #24 (permalink)
kwoodshredder

Lisevolution is 100% right. Rome has something for every type of rider, for every part of the mountain. My Rome Notch is a 168 and is extremely stiff. It's purely a pow stick but does really well on hard pack and groomers. Rome is definately a solid company.
Old 04-27-2010, 10:43 PM   #25 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisevolution View Post
For the person who was talking about seeing an Anthem explode off a 20 footer, of course the freaking thing exploded... you shouldn't be taking a jib deck off 20 footers in the first place. Beyond that I would almost guarantee they replaced it for him under warranty anyway.
It was an Artifact, not an Anthem. Sorry man, but if a board can't handle a 20 footer, it's a piece of shit. We're not talking an X Games money booter type jump, just a typical medium sized park jump. I see kids hitting the same jump all the type with Sims boards. I hit it on my worn out old rock board without thinking twice. But, this guy comes along in his brand new out of the plastic Rome Artifact, lands a bit in the backseat and CRAAAAAAAAACK!!! If the typical board broke on that type of shit, I'd go through a board a week.

But yes, I heard Rome warrantied it. There's no doubting their warranty department.
linvillegorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 08:17 AM   #26 (permalink)

I bought a hooded zip from eternalsnow last season, a month ago the zipper broke and eternal told me they can't warranty clothing bought more than 1 yr ago. wrote an email to rome, they told me to drop by and gave me a new hoodie (of course a different one because last seasons stuff isn't available anymore) without even checking if the zipper was broke indeed. it's only a hoodie, but makes me hope for if sth happens with my rome boards or bindings...
whsyummer? is offline   Reply With Quote