Impressed with Rome - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2010, 04:42 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Impressed with Rome

I lost my Rome Madison binding's right side covering disc for a long time. A week ago, I got the gut to drop a line on its website to ask if I can get one. Very quickly they said they can, and ask my address. I just received it today! nice! I brought the binding more than 2 years ago and I still can get the disc for free without any questions or proof. I am impressed with its customer service. is this the industry norm or Rome go above and beyond? anyway, I am happy!
campfortune is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-20-2010, 05:34 PM   #2 (permalink)

I think this is typical of Rome, but not necessarily of the industry. I had a similar experience with them. I purchased a set of this year's Targas before they were in stores off of ebay from one of their regional riders. They were missing the stiff c-flex inserts, and you couldn't buy them in stores at the time. I emailed Rome, explaining the deal, and asked if there was a way I could purchase the inserts directly from them. Instead they UPS'd me a set free of charge. I'd purchased new Rome bindings new at retail previously, and again since, but thought that was way cool of them to send me a part on their dime for bindings that I'd told them straight up I got off of ebay.
buggravy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 11:18 PM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I've heard great things about their warranty department and I really like their bindings. I'm iffy on their boards though. I saw a brand new Artifact (first day on the snow) blow up on a 20 footer earlier this season. The entire sidewall split and it delamed. I don't know what that core was made out of, but it looked like dry wall.
linvillegorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 11:31 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Rome was pretty good about replacing my United's... but that was because they fucking broke after 4 days and were recalled. They didn't have any replacements since they recalled the entire line so they just had the store give me credit.

So... I'm kinda meh with Rome. Good warranty department, sketchy QC (before anyone else comments, personal experience>all)
Snowfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 11:21 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by linvillegorge View Post
I've heard great things about their warranty department and I really like their bindings. I'm iffy on their boards though. I saw a brand new Artifact (first day on the snow) blow up on a 20 footer earlier this season. The entire sidewall split and it delamed. I don't know what that core was made out of, but it looked like dry wall.

Oh,no...I just ordered a Detail, which is a woman's version of Artifact a week ago That's discouraging...
campfortune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 11:30 AM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by campfortune View Post
Oh,no...I just ordered a Detail, which is a woman's version of Artifact a week ago That's discouraging...
Well, at least they have a great warranty department!
linvillegorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 11:54 AM   #7 (permalink)
Zee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Rome's service is probably the best in the industry. It's why I am on my third pair of Rome bindings, and even giving one of their boards a try.

The Never Summer SL-R is the best all mountain board I have been on... Ever.
Buy it... Ride it... Love it...
Zee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 12:12 PM   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I'm loyal to Rome because their products have always lasted a long time for me (my Anthem is an '04 and my Arsenals are '06) and because their customer service is the best of ANY company I've ever dealt with. They don't forward my call for 20 minutes, they don't ask all kinds of questions like I'm trying to rob them and they back up their gear. You can't ask for any more.
Rome Anthem 158
Flick Montana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 12:43 PM   #9 (permalink)
Leo
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

I didn't like Rome's boards at all. But the few that I tested were noodles and I'm not into soft boards.

Great service though.
Old 04-21-2010, 02:56 PM   #10 (permalink)

my room mate has broken 3 artifacts this season and they replaced each one no questions asked
TeamSR is offline   Reply With Quote