Brands - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2007, 05:02 PM   #1 (permalink)
Schwaller15

Default Brands

Hey. I'm looking into getting a new board after this season when I get some cash from my summer job again and becasue my first board was an xmas present from years past I never really went through the whole reaserching boards process. So my question is, which are the top brands out there for the best price? I've heard stuff like burton, rome, k2, rossingnoll and others. Obviously some of this will be opinion but there have to be a few that rise above the rest with quality for the price they ask. My details are; female, 125, 5' 7'', size 7 foot and I'm looking for an intermediete, freestyle board that is fairly flexible (the board I have now is not flexible enough and it really annoys me) so if you have any more specific board ideas beyond the brand that would be helpful too (like length and stuff). Thanks a lot.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-31-2007, 05:39 PM   #2 (permalink)
eL.Snow.Boarder

the rome detail or rome vinyl are both good in the park and are womens...
Old 12-31-2007, 05:58 PM   #3 (permalink)
Schwaller15

Yeah? I looked at the Rome Vinyl while browsing the internet. Would it be good for working up on skills too? I've done a couple of rails and I'm good at smallish jumps, but like I said, my board is far too stiff for me so I haven't progressed as far into freestyle as I would have liked, still I'm not a beginner anymore and can get down the slopes real easily.
Old 12-31-2007, 06:04 PM   #4 (permalink)
eL.Snow.Boarder

it would defintly be good for working up your skills. It's almost definitly flexxy enough although I've never tried it. It looks like a really good board.
Old 12-31-2007, 06:44 PM   #5 (permalink)
Schwaller15

Is it flexxy in the way that it's in danger of snapping, or will I be golden? Is there a way to find if it has an older model that's close enough to the same thing to still be an awesome ride but would be easier to find cheaper? And when I'm looking at sights how do I take my size seven foot and determine how wide I would want a board to be?
Old 12-31-2007, 06:47 PM   #6 (permalink)

O-Matic Tara Dakides, Atomic Fallen Angel are other boards to look at for park as well...Try to keep length anywhere from a 146 to 150ish, tops for park.
boarderaholic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 06:51 PM   #7 (permalink)
eL.Snow.Boarder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwaller15
Is it flexxy in the way that it's in danger of snapping, or will I be golden? Is there a way to find if it has an older model that's close enough to the same thing to still be an awesome ride but would be easier to find cheaper? And when I'm looking at sights how do I take my size seven foot and determine how wide I would want a board to be?
It would not snap, I dont think any boards would. You could get last years or two years ago model, there probably the same thing with a bit of a different graphic. The boards are all the same width so your foot will be fine. You might mean length but im not oood at determining that unlike many other people on this site.
Old 12-31-2007, 07:57 PM   #8 (permalink)
Schwaller15

the fallen angel looks sweet. Any word on Ride boards? I've heard good things but their site is kinda hard for me to figure out, almost all their girl boards have different style names and I can't figure out what level they're all at and I'm really not sure what the shapes of the boards means acctually. Thanks.
Old 12-31-2007, 09:07 PM   #9 (permalink)
eL.Snow.Boarder

if you want a freestyle ride board the fever is probably the best.
Old 12-31-2007, 09:48 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwaller15
the fallen angel looks sweet. Any word on Ride boards? I've heard good things but their site is kinda hard for me to figure out, almost all their girl boards have different style names and I can't figure out what level they're all at and I'm really not sure what the shapes of the boards means acctually. Thanks.
Ride makes good boards. I'm not really a fan of how they ride, but that's just my opinion. If you're having problems figuring out Rides site, click around on a bunch of different links and you'll find your way around eventually...
boarderaholic is online now   Reply With Quote