Lib convinces me - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2010, 11:06 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Lib convinces me

So my 2009-2010 banana magic had a bit of delaminating going on after just a couple of wks of boarding. I sent it in and because they stopped making the 09-10 model, they sent me this...

service was A+.
x41133127x is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-25-2010, 01:51 AM   #2 (permalink)

That is one sweet board! Can't decide if to get a lib or n's this season
ckang008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 02:14 AM   #3 (permalink)

That is one sweet board! Can't decide if to get a lib or n's this season
ckang008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 10:36 AM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

lib's art department is also original with their designs. I like the top sheet texture, ads a different look.
Old 04-25-2010, 12:58 PM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member

That looks so badass wow!!
fredericp64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 01:00 PM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Good to hear man. I always like to hear about companies standing behind their products.
linvillegorge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 01:24 PM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member

i actually just recently had the worst experience with them and will never buy from them again after it. my board cracked and i took it back to the place i bought it to have it warrantied but my receipt wasnt in the system anymore but the shop knows me really well and knows i bought it from them. well they call lib tech up and lib refused to all ends to warranty my board because "i couldve got it from my friend broken and just trying to get a free one" which makes no sense since the shop said, no, he didnt. plus i am an instructor so i had to ride a rental board this whole time and really pissed me off that they wouldnt warranty a board that they made that was faulty no matter the owner. when i called them who ever i talked to was really arrogant and talked down on me the whole time like i meant nothing what so ever. worst experience ever.
Old 04-25-2010, 05:19 PM   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Damn, I hope you don't have to wait until next season to ride...
Lstarrasl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 07:29 PM   #9 (permalink)

Congrats on your new ride. I had a similar thing happen in '93. Back when Lib boards were very fragile and the topsheet was basically this rock hard plastic. Edge began to separate and they sent me a new stick. That's especially cool you got next year's model though.
sidewall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 08:06 PM   #10 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cr0_Reps_Smit View Post
i actually just recently had the worst experience with them and will never buy from them again after it. my board cracked and i took it back to the place i bought it to have it warrantied but my receipt wasnt in the system anymore but the shop knows me really well and knows i bought it from them. well they call lib tech up and lib refused to all ends to warranty my board because "i couldve got it from my friend broken and just trying to get a free one" which makes no sense since the shop said, no, he didnt. plus i am an instructor so i had to ride a rental board this whole time and really pissed me off that they wouldnt warranty a board that they made that was faulty no matter the owner. when i called them who ever i talked to was really arrogant and talked down on me the whole time like i meant nothing what so ever. worst experience ever.
Well, that sucks and honestly if I was in your position I'd be pissed as well. However, it's a good lesson learned. When you buy something new that has a warranty, make DAMN sure you hang onto that receipt! With you being an instructor and having obvious influence over other riders, I would've thought they would've taken care of you. If they had, I guarantee they would've more than made up the money by your students seeing your board and you giving the company props if they asked about it. On the other hand, why couldn't the shop have just created a receipt for you? Was it a local shop or a chain? If it was local, they should've been able to create something.
linvillegorge is online now   Reply With Quote