K2 Gyrator - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2010, 12:47 PM   #1 (permalink)
PNW

Thumbs up K2 Gyrator

I just got my tax returns back and am planing on picking up a new board. My home mountain is mt baker and i am now riding a GNU riders choice btx 154. I really like this board but sometimes it gets a bit to deep for it.Next year im going to be going into the backcountry more and need to pick up a powder board. After a lot of looking i came up with the K2 Gyrator. What do you guys think about this board, any other i should check out?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-29-2010, 12:49 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

How are you accessing the backcountry?
killclimbz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 02:00 PM   #3 (permalink)
PNW

take the chairlift to the top and then hike
Old 04-29-2010, 02:02 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

So slackcountry then? I take it you aren't going out to the Shuksan ridge line and that sort of thing. A Gyrator will be fine for backcountry light stuff.
Old 04-29-2010, 02:11 PM   #5 (permalink)
PNW

i was actually planing on going out the arm next year. So far I've only done artist point once and hemispheres probably like 20 runs. you think that the gyrator will be to soft?
Old 04-29-2010, 02:29 PM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member

The board will be fine, it's a solid pow board and rides fine in chop or hard pack if needed. The main thing is how far out are you going to be going? I believe you can do resort laps off the arm, but I know there are spots there that once you drop, you have to have a way to get back up. It ain't going to be the chairlift. So if you are booting it up, you are limited to stuff that won't require a major hike out. A lot of splitboarders go out in that area, and go for huge deep tours far away from the ski area. You're not going to access that terrain on a Gyrator unless you split it. Snowshoes won't hack it.
Old 05-04-2010, 09:32 AM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member

the gyrator is the bottomless beast. get it big though my girlfriend rides the 162. ride slackcountry is about the same board. Or look for something with taper (charlie slasher, mullet, summit, malolo) gives a little different feel with less switch riding.
Old 07-09-2010, 07:39 AM   #8 (permalink)
k2snowboards1

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNW View Post
I just got my tax returns back and am planing on picking up a new board. My home mountain is mt baker and i am now riding a GNU riders choice btx 154. I really like this board but sometimes it gets a bit to deep for it.Next year im going to be going into the backcountry more and need to pick up a powder board. After a lot of looking i came up with the K2 Gyrator. What do you guys think about this board, any other i should check out?
heyy yeah K2 gyrator grate powder board its also grate for normal snow aswell as powder hope this helps mate