Balls of my feet hurting... - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2008, 11:28 AM   #1 (permalink)
DallasW

Default Balls of my feet hurting...

Okay so I went out boarding for the first time in a couple years last weekend, with all my new gear.
Everything went well, but my feet were hurting quite bad. I expected this to happen with new boots, but not quite this bad. My heels weren't lifting off (as far as I could tell) but I had my boots pretty tight (especially on the bottom laces)

I figured out that was causing part of the problem, so I loosened up the bottom laces quite a bit, but kept the top laces as tight as possible, that seemed to help. My feet still hurt, but not nearly as bad, so I just lived with it until the end of the day. It was causing a bit of heel lift (still not that bad, especially after tightening my bindings)

When I got back home and relaxed for a bit, I realized the only part of my feet that really hurt was the balls of my feet.

When I put on my boots and lace them up, I never notice any pressure points around that part of my foot, it's just a bit tight in general, so would this just be the process of breaking in the boot (and the insole) to my foot, since I really didn't wear them around much at all...

One more super quick question, the socks I was using were starting to bunch up in various places (around my toes, back of my heel) and causing some wicked bad pain. Could I try going barefoot (may help the above problem as well) or just use super thin socks.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-02-2008, 11:51 AM   #2 (permalink)
Danimal!!!!!!

Location: Frederick, MD in other words to far from the big mountains

I'm not quite sure what to tell you about your boots. Umit could just be that you need to break them in a little but those pressure points may always be there like I said I'm not really sure. But I wouldn't reccommend riding with out socks. That will more than likely tear you feet up. What kind of socks are you using?
Dcp584 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 11:59 AM   #3 (permalink)
DallasW

Same socks I wear everyday, but they are decently thick... I'll try some thinner ones...
Old 01-02-2008, 12:42 PM   #4 (permalink)
Danimal!!!!!!

Location: Frederick, MD in other words to far from the big mountains

Go out and buy a pair of socks that are actually made for snowboarding. It really is a world of different plus standard cotton socks tend to make your feet sweat which leads to cold toes which ruins your day.
Dcp584 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 03:15 PM   #5 (permalink)
BeeDee

I've had the same problem, i think it has to due with breaking the boots in, and actually i did get so pissed of the first time out i did take my socks off, it did help quite a bit. but maybe you should try snowboarding socks first, i didn't really knew there were any, i might go pick some up also hopefully they'll help.