Reverse Camber Profiles - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2010, 01:15 PM   #1 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Default Reverse Camber Profiles

So I've been putting off picking up a new stick for the last couple of seasons due to getting engaged and married in September this year with all my money going to fund that. I am going to be buying a new ride for next season and I just wanted to get riders opinions of the various dual camber theories out there. The boards I've been leaning towards and will probably purchase are the NS Legacy-R or Revlolver-R. I was leaning towards the Revolver-R at first but even though I want a more playful board that my Rome Flag the truth is that I'm not going jibbing or hitting rails at this point. I herniated 2 discs last winter and lets just say my park days are for the most part over. What I really wanted to find out from people who have ridden them is what the on-snow difference is between something like NS RC and Libs C2 vs. something like Nitro's Gullwing with the Camber between the feet and reverse out. I would guess there would be a difference in how they ride and how they feel especially for someone like me coming from a full cambered stick. I'm looking for something damp and poppy that will float in pow which is why I'm going reverse but as I said I wanted to find out the actual differences in how the different reverse profiles ride.

I appreciate the info from everyone in advance
lisevolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-10-2010, 02:10 PM   #2 (permalink)

FWIW, the Gullwing is actually the same concept as the R.C. and C2 tech (rocker between the feet into camber outside)
buggravy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 03:18 PM   #3 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Think Triple8sol has ridden those. He has the Nitro review up and I know he has ridden the r/c tech from NS. Not sure he has ridden the current Lib tech but would check out his board reviews.

http://www.snowboardingforum.com/equ...snowboard.html for the Nitro

www.facebook.com/Gillyssnowboardshop

Last edited by B.Gilly; 05-10-2010 at 03:23 PM.
B.Gilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 08:29 AM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

They're right. RC/C2/Gullwing are all the same idea, although slightly different implementation.
Triple8Sol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 11:47 AM   #5 (permalink)

I have ridden pretty much every NS R/C board and that tech is amazing! It totally does everything it needs to do and more. The Raptor for next year is a whole new player in the rocker/camber with a different profile then the rest of the NS's and it's sweet!

I had a Nitro Sub-Pop (SubZero) with the gullwing and it was a good ride and similar to the NS R/C ride of say a Circuit. Super soft though in comparison and was definitely lacking in construction quality. I am still pissed they way Nitro handled things when I called them about the inserts being drilled set forward!!! A Never Summer board would never leave the shop like that. The other thing the Nitro lacked was the edge design. The NS vario grip works and is super smooth!

Can't say anything on Lib's C2 as I have not rode it but not the biggest MTX fan from experience.
Old 05-11-2010, 11:57 AM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Yeah I realized that after I posted the Gullwing is also Reverse under foot... I know someone has it with camber underfoot and reverse out...maybe it was rossi that did that. I also saw Burton has a new similar design with the flying V etc. Regardless of whether it's reverse under foot or camber underfoot all the profiles I would think ride differently. I've ridden regular BTX and I wasn't happy with it due to the lack of pop from the board. The dual camber definitely feels like the way to go, just trying to figure out which one to go with...
lisevolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 02:19 PM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisevolution View Post
I know someone has it with camber underfoot and reverse out...maybe it was rossi that did that.
Companies like Nidecker, YES, Signal, etc... Haven't tried that style personally, but in theory I don't think it would be nearly as good.
Triple8Sol is offline   Reply With Quote