burton no good - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2010, 08:46 PM   #1 (permalink)
snowhead

Default burton no good

To whom it may concern:
I have been snowboarding for fifteen year representing the Burton line of boards, boots, bindings and apparel since I first went snowboarding in Vermont which I believe is where you start as well. Over the years I considered your boards, boots and bindings to be the industry stander and your clothing and outerwear apparel designer quality. As an aggressive rider I like to stay in tune by pushing myself on the mountain which leaves my equipment nicked, dented , gouged, clothing worn and inspired for new equipment. The desire for new equipment is not necessary every season because the useful life of your product last more than one winter. To address my concern your equipment has fallen below industry stander. After last winter I invested in a new T-6 one of burtons elite models and a new pair of pipe gloves all of which I will have to replace after one season. As a concerned consumer I think the quality of these goods should improve and compensation should be rewarded to all that have been taken advantage, I included, for your lack of excellence of material and engineering used to produce your product.
The Burton T-6 is a new honeycomb design that is supposed to be indestructible when used in the proper manger. As a snowboard enthusiasm I insure you that this model was not used in the terrain park on rails or jumps. I have been living in Colorado where the mountain condition cater to the steep and deep ideology behind your design incorporated in the T-6 model. After one season of riding my Burton T-6ís base had representations of what looked like thumb prints in butter, riddled from tip to tail. This quality backed product was obviously over looked by inspectors or materials purchased to produce this model were of poor quality. I can no longer buy or recommend a Burton T-6 model snowboard to any one that for years has trusted my advice pertaining snowboards for a concern that they will accrue a sunk cost of seven hundred dollar as I have.
The Marketing department of Burton has improved the sales of your pipe gloves not from making them more affordable to the consumer but from lessening the quality of design. When examining Burton pipe glove the weakest part of the glove, which was never the case with previous design, and the most likely to rip is the area between the thumb and index finger. This area corresponds to the most frequently ripped part of my gloves and friends gloves that have rips as well. In addition this area of the glove is the one part of the glove that comes in contact with the sharp metal edge of the snowboard when a grab is preformed. I have lost faith in your gloves based on these facts. A company that has sold a quality product like the Burton pipe glove for so many years changes the design to lessen the quality to increase sales not only losses consumer confidence but has lost this consumer altogether.
When a company that has the market share that you do lessens the quality of their operations and still has a mission statement stating they are the leaders in the industry with quality backed products needs to develop better corporate morals. Burton you do not built a quality product and should not stand behind poor management decisions. As a smart consumer I will no long buy or recommend any of your snowboards or gloves. What I will do is let everyone that I know in my snowboard community about the problems with your equipment and persuade them never to buy Burton again. I hope this letter has brought you insight to your corporation of how an average consumer embedded within the community of snowboarders has lost faith in your company.

Sincerely,
Ryan Spaulding
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-11-2010, 10:28 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Dear Ryan,
What is the industry standard? Can you prove without a doubt that there is a true industry standard that solely exists and is universal from Lamar to Burton and everything in between even covering the niche market and the people that are very D.I.Y inclined that would make their own gear? Is your standards higher than others?

Colorado is not known to be steep or deep unless in the southern part of the state or hiking for your turns. Most resorts are actually pretty mediocre in terms of their steep and deep terrain especially this year. If you were riding one board for all mountain use this season it is even safe to say that excessive abuse should be considered due to the fact the conditions have been less than ideal. It is a snowboard they are meant to be ridden and destroyed.

Wear and tear is normal and anyone buying a glove especially a pipe glove should come to terms with the fact that these will wear down especially in the aforementioned area. It is the most common area for any glove whether Burton or Hestra (which has a life time warranty on seams). Gloves will blow out and 50 dollars for a pair of gloves should just be expected into a yearly or biyearly expense budget.

Just like the glove wear and tear happens to your deck. What you seem to be describing is the fact that to reduce weight and give better performance the T6 has a slightly thinner base and uses a very soft ptex to absorb wax. In a lesser snow year like this year you need to heed exceptionally good care of something that is this high end as it will take more abuse. Perhaps you were not as preventative as you could be.

As far as the Burton marketing machine it is doing its job and as snowboarding as progressed so to have they as a company it's called globalization. When you get to the level of production they are at they have goods made worldwide in a vast array of factories. The same glove made in two different factories will wear differently and fit differently.

Also if you are going to write an open letter to a forum it is highly advisable that you take into consideration that proof reading and spell checking will greatly help your cause and not make you look like you have a diminished brain capacity and wrote something in the heat of the moment letting your emotions run the discharge from your fingers instead of logic.

Sincerely,
A shop guy that has heard it all before.
Old 05-12-2010, 12:56 AM   #3 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

is this some sort of failed spam attempt

GOD IS DONUT
legallyillegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 01:22 AM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Maybe? But I think it's just a cry to tell us we need more Unicorns!
Old 05-12-2010, 02:51 AM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I took the edges off of my board and replaced them with unicorn horn. Shit is redic.
fattrav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 07:24 AM   #6 (permalink)
Leo
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Dear Ryan:

Costco sells Kleenex in bulk.

Disclaimer: Kleenex tissue is a one-time use only product without any warranties. The consumer will be held liable for all damage dealt to the Kleenex tissue.
Old 05-12-2010, 09:32 AM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I kept reading for the crazy Engrish then got to the bottom and his name is Ryan. Maybe this kid did spend a shit ton of days on the hill this year, because he sure as hell wasnt in school.

O BTW to the O.P. if he wanders back in here .. this forum IS NOT filled with Burton fanboys so dont go down that road.

Last edited by burritosandsnow; 05-12-2010 at 09:35 AM.
burritosandsnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 09:43 AM   #8 (permalink)

Ryan's right, Burton's regalia is palatial.
crowe176 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 09:58 AM   #9 (permalink)
Leo
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by crowe176 View Post
Ryan's right, Burton's regalia is palatial.
Say what? Ryan is saying the exact opposite of what you just stated.

I think somebody was looking for an excuse to use fancy words lol
Old 05-12-2010, 10:08 AM   #10 (permalink)
Veteran Member

dont feed the troll