Binding Opinions - Page 3 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2008, 03:23 PM   #21 (permalink)
BoardTard Xtrordinair

I hear you. Another binding I've been eyeing lately is the Drake Mentor. Convertible strap, durable, and the price isn't all that bad on them either considering it's a high end binding.
Mr. Right is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-26-2008, 02:24 AM   #22 (permalink)
Veteran Member

flippin unions, i would say noone uses more quality, magnesium buckles, cnc machined heecups, zytel glass base with lifetime warrany, urethane bushings between base and board (to help with board feel and flex).
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 11:40 PM   #23 (permalink)
zumiezrep24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma03 View Post
People who have bought and used these bindings gave these an average of 5/5 stars: Real Burton Mens P1 Bindings reviews in Snowboard Bindings - Buzzillions.com

One guy said "Great overall binding with plenty of features. The footstrap is padded well and come with easy on/off ratcheting binding. The highback is adjustable for forward lean as well as rotation so that it is parallel with the heel edge. It also has an adjustable toe plate fit your size boot. It also comes standard with a toe cap strap to securely hold in the boot. Great performance binding without crushing your foot."

wtf? are you a noob? theyre clunky heavy made in a sweatshop in portugeze and suck fat whale chode. no burton bindings i tell everyone NONE! they come in and i turn them right into the rides and the romes. def the romes buddy theyre the elite last year this year and for years to come. story behind rome. 2 burton techs quit and made rome because they didnt like how burton was running the business and now theyre owning the shit out of the snowboarding industry. rome everything rome rome rome, and i ride a forum and ride bindings but next year its def rome bindings and maybe a rome board in the mix MAYBE!
Old 01-26-2008, 11:42 PM   #24 (permalink)
zumiezrep24

Quote:
Originally Posted by kri$han View Post
I can't really speak much on any other brands, but I gotta sya that after riding the burton cartel's, I don't think I'd ever pay full price for another binding that isnt just as light, and has a toe-strap cap.

That being said, when you demo'ed the burton's, did the forward lean adjustment screw keep backing off? not that it'd spin around completely, but even just 1/4 turn?... mine does for some odd reason, and its a bit of a pain, but other than that its no worries...

ps. I'll buy ur ride's off ya
romes and rides are as light and have toestrap caps tard and theyre way better and way more comftorble and have a better warranty although you dont need it because in time your cartel highbacks and the custom highbacks crack. number 1 customer complaint!
Old 01-26-2008, 11:43 PM   #25 (permalink)
zumiezrep24

Quote:
Originally Posted by kri$han View Post
I can't really speak much on any other brands, but I gotta sya that after riding the burton cartel's, I don't think I'd ever pay full price for another binding that isnt just as light, and has a toe-strap cap.

That being said, when you demo'ed the burton's, did the forward lean adjustment screw keep backing off? not that it'd spin around completely, but even just 1/4 turn?... mine does for some odd reason, and its a bit of a pain, but other than that its no worries...

ps. I'll buy ur ride's off ya
wait i take that back theyre 2x LIGHTER! muahahhahahhahahhahahahahhaha. cartels are like 2 pounds idk what your talking about.
Old 01-29-2008, 01:51 PM   #26 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I'm starting to think I'm gonna go with either the Flows or now I'm seriously looking at the Raiden Phantom or R8 as well as the Bent Metal Step-In bindings...I'm still thinking about the Union Force's again also... too many options for me...
lisevolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 08:16 AM   #27 (permalink)
Mendel

whats all this then about the cartels high-back cracking?
url?
Old 01-31-2008, 01:43 PM   #28 (permalink)
Veteran Member

So I did it, made the decision and bought myself a set of the Raiden Phantom Eetala bindings. Got them super cheap $182 shipped to my door tomorrow!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg nitro-phantom-blkblu-08-prod.jpg (15.2 KB, 130 views)

Last edited by lisevolution; 01-31-2008 at 01:46 PM.
lisevolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 02:18 PM   #29 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mendel View Post
whats all this then about the cartels high-back cracking?
url?
dont need a link to find out. just go to any mountain on a weekend. or go to a snowboard shop and touch the burton highbacks. feels like fisher price shit.
rgrwilco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 10:26 PM   #30 (permalink)
Mendel

I own the cartels and theyre fine for me. theyre 08s so idk where ur coming from.
and the plastic or cf high back materials are basically universal on all bindings.
I was looking for where the "number one complaint" was about cartel/custom high backs cracking?
Also, is any of this truth or burton-hating?