Binding Opinions - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2008, 10:27 AM   #1 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Question Binding Opinions

Ok, so the time in the season has come for me to pick up some new bindings. I currently have SPi's on my Rome Flag and I love them, but I'm just looking for a change.

I've narrowed my choices down to three but am open to other educated suggestions. Here are the 3 I'm considering:

1. Rome Targa
2. Union Force DLX
3. Burton P1

I am predominantly a free rider at this point and love the responsiveness of my SPi's but am looking for something a bit more flexible for comfort factor. I've played with both the Targa's and the P1's and found them both to be outstanding, and I really never like Burton hard goods but the straps are super cushy and the base is flexible but not soft... The Targa is very similar to my SPi's but lighter, a bit more flexible and has a million adjustments.

I have not had had a chance to ride the Union's but have played with them in the store and every person I speak to about them freaking loves them so I'm definitely willing to check them out. Another outside option are the Flow NX-AT's but I'm pretty sure I want a true strap binding.

What are everyone's thoughts on this?
lisevolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-04-2008, 02:55 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

anyone? I know some of you ride these so feedback would be appreciated!!!
Old 01-04-2008, 03:01 PM   #3 (permalink)
Emma03

Default Real Burton P1 Reviews

People who have bought and used these bindings gave these an average of 5/5 stars: Real Burton Mens P1 Bindings reviews in Snowboard Bindings - Buzzillions.com

One guy said "Great overall binding with plenty of features. The footstrap is padded well and come with easy on/off ratcheting binding. The highback is adjustable for forward lean as well as rotation so that it is parallel with the heel edge. It also has an adjustable toe plate fit your size boot. It also comes standard with a toe cap strap to securely hold in the boot. Great performance binding without crushing your foot."
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 609701_xl.jpg (34.9 KB, 339 views)
Old 01-04-2008, 03:08 PM   #4 (permalink)

Emma, is this your own opinion, or are you giving advice based on what other people are saying?
boarderaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 03:10 PM   #5 (permalink)
Emma03

both my own and what people are saying who have bought and used these bindings
Old 01-04-2008, 11:46 PM   #6 (permalink)
THE OFF PHISTE WHORE

want to sell the SPi's
Old 01-05-2008, 12:01 AM   #7 (permalink)
lost in the ugly trees

Ive got some Burton Triads and I think they are the best money Ive spent on anything snowboarding in a very long time. Super responsive but super comfy.
Mysticfalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 10:20 AM   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Yeah I demo'd all 3 this weekend and I actually ruled out the Union's. Though they were comfortable and the leather straps are super fresh and comfy the convertible toe cap slipped up way too often and they just didn't feel as nice as the P1's and Targa's. Now the problem I'm having with the decision is the targa's were nice but the Burton's were actually a bunch more comfortable. At the places suggestion I tried a set of Flow NXT-AT's and a also a pair of I believe Triad's it was either those or the C60's and now I'm not sure what to do again. The flows were super comfy and ultra easy to get in and out of though a bit heavier. The burton's were very responsive and the straps were the most comfortable strap I've ever used on any set of strap bindings. So now it's do I go flow or do I just suck it up and go with the Burton bindings and give them a shot again
Old 01-07-2008, 10:31 AM   #9 (permalink)
gearmeout

i heard so many good things about the union bindings so i order a pair of Cadet DLX along with my 2007 Burton P1s. I was not impressed with the build quality of the Unions. The straps just don't compare to the straps on the Burton. I have yet to test on the mountain. The Unions are DEFINITEly lighter, but just don't feel as solid. I can take photos and post if you want, but the Unions are probably going back.
Old 01-07-2008, 10:59 AM   #10 (permalink)
gearmeout

Union vs Burton - a photoset on Flickr

photos