Why is my front leg carrying all my weight? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2008, 12:28 PM   #1 (permalink)
PDEVOOGD

Question Why is my front leg carrying all my weight?

I was boarding this weekend in some nice poweder at Mt Snow but I was really frustrated because my front leg felt like it was holding all my weight and was burning like I had been doing a wall sit for hours. It mostly burned when I was on my heal edge and couldn't go to my toe edge for a few secs because it was on a bend. I also knew I had too much weight on my front lef because on tight turns in the soft snow the nose of the board was burrying itself .

My Set up: My board is a Burton Balance 156. I ride goofy and my front is angled at +21 and rear is -9. Could this angle setup be the reason? I also have my bindings mounted as close together as they can be on the board. Does anyone that can give me advice? Is this a problem for anyone else? I would grately appreciate and info or discussion anyone has. I have been boarding for 8 years but this is the first year I can remember it being as painful by just riding. I did remember it being like this on a T bar to the summit of Snowmass 2 years ago.

Thanks!
Peter
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-03-2008, 12:34 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

You were riding pow? Sounds like you need to mount your bindings back. If you have your stance centered or close to center, you are going to be fighting your board to keep the nose from diving under the snow. When in powder it's a lot less work to move the bindings way back so your weight works for you. Not 100% sure this was your problem, but it seems to be.
killclimbz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 12:46 PM   #3 (permalink)
PDEVOOGD

Thanks for the reply!

When you say move the bindings back, do you mean in the holes they are mounted in on the board or dial back the angles? On my board there are 3 mounting options from the center for each binding to spread out the stance. If I move the rear binding to make a wider stance do I need to keep the front equidistant from center? If I move from the 2 most inner stance mounting homes is my next move to move them both to the next wider stance or just move the rear? I hope all that makes sense.

Thanks
Old 01-03-2008, 01:52 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

if you move the back binding 2 slots back, move the front one 2 slots back also if you want to keep the same width
lisevolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 04:40 PM   #5 (permalink)
Oh god...NO!

Yep, as others have mentioned, relocate your bindings back a few holes. I'm also thinking that you might want to decrease the front binding angle a bit from +21. Try backing it off every few degrees and see if that helps. Stance and angle are trial and error but are noticably painful if dialed in wrong.
Slaughterhouse is offline   Reply With Quote