skate banana vs www rocker - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2010, 02:43 PM   #1 (permalink)
skatebanana

Default skate banana vs www rocker

Hey guys,

I have a 2009 www with rocker and I'm thinking about buying a 2010 skate banana.

Has anyone ridden both and would be able to give a good comparison?

thanks,

skate banana: Reverse Camber Snowboard Reviews

Last edited by skatebanana; 05-15-2010 at 02:45 PM. Reason: typos!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-15-2010, 04:18 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Wow that site sucks dick.

Here's what you need to know the Skate banana has a center reverse with a bowled shape to it and magnetraction it uses a wet lay up construction that breaks in goes limp as shit after about 20ish days or so. While the WWW rocker is 3 stage rocker and limp as shit initially. The SB is slightly better for more versatile riding than the www.
Old 05-15-2010, 05:08 PM   #3 (permalink)
skatebanana

haha, I just started building it yesterday..

check it out in like 2 months.

Anyways sounds like you don't like either..
Old 05-15-2010, 05:35 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

No reason to bother going back and looking at that site in 2 months. It's just another upstart blog that's trying to do what all the other upstart blogs are doing with product reviews. Nothing original there.

Anyways I have likes and dislikes about each deck. But comparing the two is an apple to an orange. 3 stage rocker isn't center reverse and center reverse isn't 3 stage rocker. Both ride different, both flex different, and both are designed for 2 different purposes. Sure both can do the same but which one is going to be better? Honestly I'd rather ride a SB in deep pow but if I'm going to jib an urban rail I'd rather have a WWW rocker. If I'm hitting jumps I wouldn't trust either.
Old 05-15-2010, 08:18 PM   #5 (permalink)
skatebanana

Ok cool thanks for the tips, you seem to know a ton about reverse camber.

I guess you don't like people trying to do things online when they see a need.

I haven't found one reverse camber specific board review site and I would have loved one when I was choosing a rc board.

If you didn't hate it so much I would love to have you contribute to the site once it's fully built.
Old 05-15-2010, 09:47 PM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member

he can't contribute to yours since he runs his own site. click on his sig.
earl_je is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 09:55 PM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Obviously you fail at using this thing called google. Magical site pulls up tons of product reviews from many different sites.

Here let me educate you on what's been going on the internet while you feel there's a lack of reverse camber deck reviews.

The Angry Snowboarder Search Results reverse camber
Rocker & Reverse Camber Snowboard Reviews
BoardReviews - Snowboard Reviews, Burton ,K2, Ride, Forum
Snowboards | Snowboarding Blog & Snowboard Reviews
Snowboard Reviews - Snowboards, Snowboard Reviews, Burton Snowboards, K2 Snowboards, Ride Snowboards, Forum Snowboards
Reviews – Shayboarder.com
Shred Union / gear
Tested Reverse Camber Snowboards / Reviewed Rocker Boards

Notice anything here? Not that hard to find reviews on reverse camber decks at all. Now I understand the latest generation is lazy but come on there bucko. Also I don't write for lame upstarts that have nothing new and original to offer to snowboarding media. I keep it real with my own site.
Old 05-16-2010, 02:06 AM   #8 (permalink)
skatebanana

bucko, haha. Dude it definitely sounds like you know your stuff when it comes to snowboards.

I'm not trying to impose on anything you have going on, (I checked out your site and you write some pretty sick reviews) and I think there are enough people on the internet for you to not worry about a little project i'm doing.

Anyways, thanks for the info on the skate banana vs. the www rocker. If you ever want any advice on getting your site up in google rankings let me know. that's what I do for a job.
Old 05-16-2010, 02:43 AM   #9 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I'm not worried about you and your side project. Just calling it how it is, bring something new to the table and be original. All your site has is a stock photo of the Skate Banana with some numbers about how it's good at certain things, which anyone with a brain knows you can't quantify a review on a snowboard because there's too many factors.

If you got a way I can get a google page ranking of 8 or higher I'm all ears for it email me at angrysnowboarder@gmail.com

Oh and your site will probably be hit with a cease and desist order by Mervin MFG as Skate Banana is a licensed trademark of their company and they don't usually take to kindly to people using that. Fair warning now.
Old 05-16-2010, 10:00 AM   #10 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtonAvenger View Post
it uses a wet lay up construction that breaks in goes limp as shit after about 20ish
im interested in your statement here. A wet lay up is the standard in the industry. With very few using prepreg (spendy) I assumed boards that went soft faster had an issue with the fatigue life of their epoxy, or used less to lighten the board. Could also be related to the time and heat used to cure the board. A short cure would increase production.