stepchild latchkey ripper 2010 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2010, 04:30 PM   #1 (permalink)
lauren.amber

Default stepchild latchkey ripper 2010

hey guys..i have a question for you all. i am looking to pick up another board for next season. i've been riding a 146 rome detail, and have had no problems with it. its a sick board.

i was wondering if anyone has ridden the stepchild latchkey board or if they know any info on it? how does it ride? how responsive is it? is it REALLY a beginner park board? any opinions are much appreciated. also, i understand this is a guys board but there should be no reason why i couldn't control it, if i got the correct size, right?

i've also been looking at the ns pandora-r park board and the gnu b-street board. any info on those boards would be awesome. thanks so much guys!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-15-2010, 11:36 PM   #2 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

half the core is ABS plastic

GOD IS DONUT
legallyillegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 02:22 PM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

What kind of riding will you be doing? Are you looking to replace or complement the Detail? Could you provide more details about riding style, skill level, shoe size, weight, height, etc?

I ride a Gnu B-street and love it - I feel like it's a very well-rounded board. It's on the softer side for a park board and is considered a jib stick, but it isn't a noodle by any means. I like the magnetraction and the banana camber. I ride a 141 and I can take it in the trees and powder no problem because of the reverse camber design. It does feel a little unstable in the chop, however.

I also ride a 143 Capita Space Metal Fantasy as my mess around, early/late season board. It is much softer, so it's more fun for butters and other ground tricks, but it doesn't perform nearly as well powder, on ice, or at high speeds.

As for riding a guy's board, you could do it, but why would you when there are so many great women's boards out there? In general, men's boards are going to be stiffer and wider (that's what she said). So if you have small feet, I would stay well away from men's boards in general.
lilfoot1598 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 02:43 PM   #4 (permalink)
lauren.amber

lilfoot: thanks so much for your response.

I am about 5'5 and weigh around 130ish, on a good day heh. This season, my boot size was a 9 but it was waaay too big, so next season I'm going to get resized for boots. I'm assuming it's either an 8 or 8.5. As far as my skill level goes, if you asked me I would say I suck haha, but according to a lot of the guys I ride with, they all say I'm pretty good, since I can keep up and follow them through whatever they go through--park,trees, etc. Next season I will be focusing more on park, not so much rails, but jibs and jumps.

I am not looking to replace my rome, just another addition to my collection. I was leaning more towards the b-street anyway, so thanks so much for that review.