Forum Grudge vs Lib Tech Skate Banana - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2010, 12:28 PM   #1 (permalink)
rolling_stoned

Default Forum Grudge vs Lib Tech Skate Banana

Hi guys, someone help me out please:

Looking at the Lib Tech Skate Banana and the Forum Grudge snowboards:

I like the fact that the Skate Banana has magnetraction, and hear great things about stopping easily on ice (I'm on the eastern NY icy snow). I also hear great things about Forum's Grudge for insane speed.

I am not experienced in the park (I can jump a 10-foot I guess.. but I only started jumps at the end of the season).. However, I can easily tackle double-blacks for breakfast, and go full speed over moguls without falling on a snowboard. I pride myself on speed, but would like to learn to jump. Speed is my drug, and that's my priority.

I'm male, 180 (but plan to lose 10 pounds this summer), 5'11, and have size 12 1/2 feet. Just some background info. I ride reg, but want a board that rides the same both ways.

My range is $400/below, so if you have any other board suggestions, offer them up!

Anyways, sizing wasn't really my question.. My question is, is the magnetraction on the Skate Banana worth getting that board over the risk of less stability at high speeds? I also see the Skate Banana is ranked one higher than the Grudge in top boards.

Sooooo help me please! I'm not a fan of "insane graphics" btw.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-19-2010, 07:51 PM   #2 (permalink)

Well, considering the skate banana is a purely park board (and not built for double blacks whatsoever), my first instinct is to steer you closer to a more all-mountain board, which can handle both park and pow. I don't know much about the grunge, but it seems a little more sturdy for that (while still being more of a freeride board)

I'd say keep looking in the all-mountain category, to be honest.
agoodwin727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 02:11 AM   #3 (permalink)

get the lib tech park pickle. its the exact same board as the skate banana but a little stiffer, making it a great park board that can handle faster speeds than the banana.
mrpez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 04:19 AM   #4 (permalink)

im going to suggest you get something more like the lib t-rice or the ride dh2, maybe gnu rider's choice, smokin superpark, never summer slr everything except the dh2 has some type of edge tech that should help
jtchompy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 10:32 AM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member

dh2 quadratic side cut is very similar to the NS design. flatter radius in the middle, sharper at the tip and tail, the intersections of the changing radius in just more blended and hard to see. Not sure if it is the side cut or the slimewalls but i found that the dh2 was slow to initiate turns on hard snow. I really like the feel of continuous side cuts though, they give a very predictable feel no matter where your weight is. That is a nice thing about btx you still get the continuous side cut but with added grip.
Old 05-30-2010, 03:23 PM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Rome Agent Rocker
bubbachubba340 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 04:57 AM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member

ride dh2 ftw, pop is amazing
MistahTaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 02:28 AM   #8 (permalink)
rolling_stoned

Default Thank you guys so much for your imput!

Now I'm looking at something else lol. I may be double posting, but completely forgot about this old post before making the new one. Heres what I said:

I'm trying to decide btwn the Salomon Special Snowboard 2010 and the Salomon Burner Snowboard 2010. Burner runs 330, Special runs 340. Special has a wide version to accomodate my size 12.5 ft, and is a little more parky than the Burner. I LOVE speed, but am going to be practicing my halfpipe and jumps this year. Ideas? I'm 160lbs losing weight (not just saying it, I am already 30 down in 2 months) and 5'10". Thanks for your time!

I just love the graphics on them so much! I guess I lied about the design not meaning much to me haha.

Last edited by rolling_stoned; 08-15-2010 at 02:30 AM. Reason: I didn't proof it 'fore posting, weight was wrong