what board? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2010, 05:37 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default what board?

alright, so theres plenty of sales going on right now and i'm going to be getting a board. i snowboarded some when i was little and went up to the mountain once last season. 2 boards i've been considering are the k2 www rocker (or regular camber, which one would be better for my purposes?) 152 cm, or a capita indoor survival 156. both would be bought with burton freestyles, and with the capita its $350 for boards, boots, bindings, which i think is a damn good deal. anyways i'm about 5'9" 145 lbs and although i'd rather get the capita i'm concerned it might be a little bit on the big side for me, especially cause after i get going this upcoming season i plan to spend most, if not all of my time in the park.

edit: also been looking at the rome artifact 1985, would i be fine on a 150?

Last edited by foamy333; 05-20-2010 at 08:11 PM.
foamy333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-20-2010, 11:29 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

What exactly are you doing in the park? If you're hitting kickers, riding the pipe, boxes and some rails, then the Indoor would be my choice. If you hit mainly rails and maybe a small kicker here and there, the www would be fine.

Regarding the 1985, I hear it's a pretty soft board. I've never ridden one, just going on what I heard.
DC5R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 03:46 PM   #3 (permalink)

i'll be hitting some kickers, nothing to huge, won't be in the pipe at all, probably be doing a pretty moderate amount of boxes. i'd say mainly i'd be hitting alot of boxes with some kickers, although like i said, nothing that large.
another board i was looking at was dc pbj. its a 153, i'm still slightly concerned i'd be too light for the capita and wouldn't really get all that much flex or pop out of it because of that. i think it might be too large for my height/weight. the dc pbj i think would be a better fit for my height/weight but i'm not really sure how it is as a board, i haven't seen that much about it. from what i've read about it so far it'd seem to be a happy medium between the www and the indoor survival but i'm not really sure if its even a halfway decent board. i'd be getting it with boots, and bindings for 350
Old 05-21-2010, 05:33 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Never Summer Circuit-R. Ive ridden it twice and I love it so much more than my WWW.It's a pretty solid all around park board. The only place it is lacking a little is in the pipe, but it makes up for that on rails and it's still much better than my WWW in the pipe. It's also on sale on buywake.com. I'd reccomend the 151, which is what I got and I'm also 5'9" and 145lbs.
bubbachubba340 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 11:48 PM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I'd go with the WWW based on what you said you'd do in the park. At your weight, the 152 would be able to handle small kickers as you noted.

Based on reviews, the PBJ isn't that great of a board. If I find the review, I'll link it for you.

Bubba: the Circuit-R would be a great choice, but looking at the board selections, the NS may be a little out of his/her budget.
Old 05-22-2010, 09:08 AM   #6 (permalink)

alright thanks for all the advice, honestly i've been looking at reviews for the pbj and have seen a couple, everything seems pretty decent, and if i found where i can pick it up for like 170, which would let me spend a little more on bindings and get some union forces too. but i've also read that its pretty stiff which i'm not really too sure how i feel about
Old 05-23-2010, 12:19 AM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Hmmm...it seems that the earlier released PBJ was what I remembered to be bad. The newer line of PBJs seem to be well regarded:

The Angry Snowboarder Blog Archive DC PBJ My Take
Old 05-23-2010, 09:28 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC5R View Post
Hmmm...it seems that the earlier released PBJ was what I remembered to be bad. The newer line of PBJs seem to be well regarded:

The Angry Snowboarder Blog Archive DC PBJ My Take
honestly haven't seen any pbj's that have looked like that in my extensive search for the cheapest 2010 pbj's out there.
was this the pbj you remembered being bad?
DC PBJ Penxa Edition Snowboard - Freestyle - Save 40%
Old 05-23-2010, 10:55 AM   #9 (permalink)
Veteran Member

That's next years pbj which is a whole new board, new core, new shape, new factory.
Old 05-23-2010, 01:36 PM   #10 (permalink)

I have the www and it can definately suit your needs. It's also decent on groomers.
FlipsideJohn is offline   Reply With Quote