Question about the Quantum. - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-26-2010, 01:48 PM   #1 (permalink)
Rude00X

Default Question about the Quantum.

Hello everybody,

I've been snowboarding for a year now and I think it is time for me to buy my own snowboard. These days I mainly ride park, so I wanted a true twin. But I still like to ride the groomers. Eventually I found the Flow Quantum 155(w) for a good price, so I'm quite interested in that one. I know the board is on the stiffer side, but will I be able to press it on boxes and rails.(because of my weight and the stiffness of the board)

And will I need the wide version or will I be able to use the regular version.

My specs:
140 lbs
6'1'
Burton Rulers size 12

Thank you guys for helping me out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-27-2010, 12:23 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I can't really speak on this specific board for you but I can vouch for Flow boards quality and durability. I bought my fiancee a Flow deck a couple of seasons ago and the thing has taken a beating but still rides like a champ. Strong build quality and some nice features like a structured base to keep it from sucking to the snow on wet or spring days etc. If you do end up with that board you definitely won't be disappointed in how it's made...
lisevolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 07:24 PM   #3 (permalink)

Yes, you're going to be able to press the board, but it's not going to be as easy because of the stiffness. However, it is doable, and the stiffness will come in handy on the groomers. Also, go with the wide.
Technine Icon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 09:20 AM   #4 (permalink)
Rude00X

I want to thank you both for the fast replies. You really helped me out. I think I'm going to see if there are possibilities for me to try the board.

Thanks again
Old 05-31-2010, 06:17 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rude00X View Post
I want to thank you both for the fast replies. You really helped me out. I think I'm going to see if there are possibilities for me to try the board.

Thanks again
No problem. Demoeing the board is always a good choice!
Technine Icon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 06:54 PM   #6 (permalink)

never ridden the board but according to the flow website your definitely in the lighter side for the 155, you might want to consider the 153? i ride a horrorscope 151 which is suppose to be a really flexy board, but i weigh 130 and it handles most resort stuff well, so im thinking the 155 might be a little too much board for what you want, but again i've never ridden it so i wouldn't know for sure

scratch the 153, the waist width is too narrow, the 155 might even be to narrow for 12s, you definitely should check it out before buying

Last edited by jtchompy; 05-31-2010 at 06:56 PM.
jtchompy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 12:23 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtchompy View Post
never ridden the board but according to the flow website your definitely in the lighter side for the 155, you might want to consider the 153? i ride a horrorscope 151 which is suppose to be a really flexy board, but i weigh 130 and it handles most resort stuff well, so im thinking the 155 might be a little too much board for what you want, but again i've never ridden it so i wouldn't know for sure

scratch the 153, the waist width is too narrow, the 155 might even be to narrow for 12s, you definitely should check it out before buying
it should be fine....i have the 155w and a size 13 boot with a 15 -15 stance. def was close but with a little binding adjustment you should have very little drag if any at all!

swilber08 is offline   Reply With Quote