Rome Machine 157 vs GNU carbon Credit 156w - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-2010, 10:35 PM   #1 (permalink)
ljirv1

Default Rome Machine 157 vs GNU carbon Credit 156w

Hi guys,

Just wanted some advice on a new park board.

I'm 6'1 and 86kg (190lbs) have size 11 feet and want something a bit more fun and playful to ride park and generally slide the aussie resorts on.
seeing as though our snow season is very limited in its greatness, we have many icy days, hence the reason i was considering the carbon credit with MTX.
I am intermediate to advanced rider that can ride all runs on my burton custom 158, but am looking to get a shorter park board that will accomodate my wide feet and let me start doing some more tricks through the park. I am worried that the Carbon credit might be too much of a beginner board from what i have read, but like the idea of the banana and magnatractions

any suggestions or other boards would be appreciated.
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-03-2010, 10:07 AM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Not sure of the distribution down there but look into the NeverSummer Revolver... it has NS's version of Magnetraction and also has their take on reverse camber with some camber in the tips. That board should do the trick for you
lisevolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 01:15 PM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

the carbon credit is less of a beginner board more of a price point board. It has a less expensive fiberglass lay up then other gnus, but with carbon stringers added to stiffen it up in the middle. Its medium stiff with similar geometry as other libs and gnus.

the machine is built with the same cheeper bi-axis glass but without the carbon so it will be a softer board throughout.

you get banana rocker and magnetraction with the gnu, and a softer jibbier board with the roam