2010 Lib Tech MC Kink - 153 Too Short For Me? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-2010, 11:11 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default 2010 Lib Tech MC Kink - 153 Too Short For Me?

Hi All,

I'm 6' 1", about 165-170 lbs. I have an 11 boot size. I was really looking into getting the 2010 lib tech mc kink, but can't decide whether to get a 53 or a 55. I plan on using it for pretty much everything, but i mainly focus on doing ground tricks, cruising groomers, and some park. I hear that with the btx rocker, u can actually size down ur board 3-4 cm...I like my boards on the shorter side, and i also saw on the lib tech site that this board's waist width for a 53 is 25.2 inches which should be fine for a size 11 boot...I feel as though a 55 would be harder to initiate spins...lastly, i do plan on hitting jumps (not booters of any sort, just small/medium sized kickers) and was wondering whether a 53 could uphold my weight.

Any thoughts are appreciated, thanks!

JP
johncp is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-04-2010, 11:33 AM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

im 165lb and rode the 155. It felt like the right size, for cruising and and jumping shit. With a long side cut and the effective edge of a 158 its stable for the softer board it is. The banana makes it feel loose, so its quick to turn, and libs tend to be responsive boards (read: not damp). A 153 would be good for spinning on to jibs but would lack hitting any thing big with speed, or in variable snow conditions. The board has some serious pop though, seemed you could boost off the tiniest bumbs.
Old 06-04-2010, 12:33 PM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Go with the 155. You'll get bored doing ground tricks in 5 minutes. MC is a good choice. Who's got the longest running pro model? Matt Cummins. Want to read about it?Matt Cummins Interview | Freestyle Snowboarding Articles
Lstarrasl is offline   Reply With Quote