Time to update? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-2010, 02:01 PM   #1 (permalink)
nicko

Default Time to update?

Bought board bindings n boots about 4 years ago and need to know if its time for an update... Maybe rate each outta 10 for me:

Board: LTD 1890 prodigy 2006
Bindings: LTD RX 2006 (pretty bad haha...)
Boots: Burton Freestyle 2006

Can't decide on what board to get, leaning towards a Burton.. Want to get Flow bindings (don't try and convince me otherwise haters, i reckon they are wicked cool) And i can't see any reason in getting new boots?...or should i?...

what i'm really asking is; Do i need to upgrade or should i not waste my money??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-04-2010, 02:09 PM   #2 (permalink)
-Matthew-

I upgrade on something once a year, not necisarily an entire set each year, but something.
If you've grown over 4+ inches in those last 4 years, i'd say upgrade on the board, maybe boots
Old 06-04-2010, 04:12 PM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

If the boots are still comfortable and provide support there really wouldn't be a reason to switch in my mind.

I'd definitely upgrade on the bindings, but that's just due to my shitty experience with LTD bindings (and it sounds like you're leaning towards replacing them anyways). Board wise, it might be fun to grab a new one.

Basically, if everything is working fine, probably no reason. It is a lot of fun to have new equipment though , and technological improvements in boards and bindings might be worth it.
Snowfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 04:56 PM   #4 (permalink)

I'm in the same boat, all my gear is about 5 years old and I love it, but I think getting new gear would be beneficial to advancing my riding ability. Especially since I can get in 40+ days a season now. It depends what your doing, but they have done alott to improve the way boards handle in the last 4-5 years.

I'm keeping my boots since they're comfortable and not totally beaten to shit yet, but I'm getting a 2010 Never Summer Evo-r, and I already bought some Rome 390 Slasher bindings. It's gonna be a sick setup.