What do you think of... - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-07-2010, 03:59 PM   #1 (permalink)
CaptainImpact

Default What do you think of...

What do you think of this setup.

Ride Crush 155 with Ride EX 2010 bindings

I got into snowboarding last year (I Learned how to snowboard with my friends old Division 158 board... ) and want to get a new board for this winter. I ride 50 % park and 50 % everything else. I'm 5`8 150 lbs. So my question is...

Do you think this setup would be good for a beginner like me? And if 155 board is enough( in and outside the park) or should I go with something that's a little shorter ?

And Oh well since I'm already asking...

If you guys know any other boards or bindings that would be good for me then please let me know I'm pretty much open to all suggestions.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-07-2010, 07:24 PM   #2 (permalink)
Mdrnsamurai

DH and Contrabands! For almost the same money. The DH is Awesome in the Park, but also handles really well on the rest of the mountain, and for the $50.00 bucks more it will cost you it's well worth it.

Crush $250.00 and Under.
DH $300.00 and Under.

As far as Bindings go, if your gonna spend time in the Park you got to get Contrabands. EX's are nice but for the couple extra bucks you are gonna save millions of minutes in getting in and out of your bindings. The fact that they are lighter, more adjustable, and come with better footbeds 2.5 (Plus you can Upgrade to 4.0 if needed) so you can stomp even harder. It's well worth it.

EX's $100.00 and Under.
Contrabands $140.00 and Under.

I started this past year with a Society and EX's and mid season I upgraded to Contrabands and would never go back.

Hope this helps!

Ride Hard, Ride Safe,
Just Ride!
Old 06-08-2010, 03:02 PM   #3 (permalink)
CaptainImpact

Thanks man!! I appreciate it

I did some research and seriously fell in love with that board! Even though I haven't seen how it looks or performs in real life yet hehe. But yeah so far that board looks sick! I think I didn't find a single bad word about that stick (Was also looking at some other boards Jibpan Stairmaster Darkstar Parkstar etc But DH oooh she's gonna be mine!!)
But what do you think...I'm 150 lbs and like 5`8 or something. Should I go with 155 cm or 153?

What sucks though is that they are all out of Contrabands BUT i found some 09 Ride Delta MVMNT bindings for 110 $. What do you guys think? 09 Deltas or 10 EX ? Or maybe you guys can name some other bindings that are worth looking at?
Old 06-08-2010, 10:19 PM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member

The difference is 1.2 inches. Not going to make that much of a difference for you.
Lstarrasl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 05:55 AM   #6 (permalink)
SnowboardBuzz

Best you can do is try it yourself, if you are comfartable with it just have fun. But if you can upgrade the bindings it will be more easy for you.
Old 06-10-2010, 04:45 PM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Currently my main stick is a 155 and I'm almost the same height and weight as you so don't worry about it, you should be fine. With you riding 50/50 park and freeride it should be a good combination. In a few years you might want to go a little shorter if you get into rails and whatnot, but don't stress about 155, it's not a very noticable difference over a 153.
Deviant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 01:42 PM   #8 (permalink)
CaptainImpact

Thanks alot everybody
I ordered Ride DH 155 and Contrabands few days ago and got them today. So I've been trying to setup my bindings and just can't set them up the way they should be ><
I got Large bindings ( 9 - 11 ) and size 11 boots. And it just looks like I should send them back and get XL bindings...
Have done alot of research and people are saying that it's ok to get large bindings for size 11 boots. I'll try to post a pic so you guys can see what's going on

Like the Vstrap should be in middle right. There's just no way I can do that with my boots Everythings maxed out already. So what do you guys think? Can I fix it somehow or should I just go for XL ? Or maybe just try different bindings ? ( Even though I really love my contrabands hehe ) And will size 11 - 13 bindings fit on regular 25/20 waist board ?

Please guys help me out here

Last edited by CaptainImpact; 06-14-2010 at 01:44 PM.
Old 06-14-2010, 09:42 PM   #9 (permalink)
Mdrnsamurai

Good Choice! On the DH and Contrabands, you won't be disappointed.

Your stance will determine the effect on your waist width. I ride +15 x -15 with 11.5 Boot and have no problem fitting on 20/25 waist width. Plus a size 11 should fit without a problem? Any bigger and you could be cutting it close, but 11 should fit fine.

Plus you could always look to upgrade your boots in the future to something with a reduced footprint to eliminate the problem all together.

Best of luck to ya!

Ride Hard, Ride Safe,
Just Ride!